BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General BlackBerry Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Reconcile BB with Exchange (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=93386)

brettbok 09-02-2007 03:38 PM

Reconcile BB with Exchange

I have a BB that is connected with my Exchange server through BES.

I receive all messages. When I delete messages on the BB they are deleted in Exchange.

When I delete a message in Exchange (via outlook) that have already been sent to the bb, the message in the bb are not deleted.

Is there a way to force them to reconcile? I know there is a reconcile function in the BB menus, but I can't figure out what it does.

Is there a setting in the BES that allows reconiliation?

:bb:

x14 09-02-2007 03:55 PM

The deletes from Exchange to BlackBerry is not immediate. BES reconsile using the 20/100 rule. That's every 20 minutes or 100 changes whichever comes first. Alternatively, you can use the Reconsile Now function.

brettbok 09-02-2007 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by x14 (Post 653740)
The deletes from Exchange to BlackBerry is not immediate. BES reconsile using the 20/100 rule. That's every 20 minutes or 100 changes whichever comes first. Alternatively, you can use the Reconsile Now function.

So say I have 200 emails in my exchange server. I delete 100. It should force the BB to delete those 100 emails?

Is it possible the BES administrator turned this feature off. I am going to try it again, but it seems like if I delete an email in the Exchange server, it does not ever get deleted on the BB, 20 minutes for not.

?

gziz 09-02-2007 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by x14 (Post 653740)

thats the biggest crock of $hit i have ever heard, it depends on the environment that the BES is in ( users, network) could be 5 minutes or 20 minutes theres no way to tell, the BES does it at the most optimal time depending on the environment.

John Clark 09-02-2007 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gziz (Post 653985)
thats the biggest crock of $hit i have ever heard, it depends on the environment that the BES is in ( users, network) could be 5 minutes or 20 minutes theres no way to tell, the BES does it at the most optimal time depending on the environment.

Settle down....don't start a flame war. And keep the language clean. Thanks..

brettbok 09-03-2007 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brettbok (Post 653750)
So say I have 200 emails in my exchange server. I delete 100. It should force the BB to delete those 100 emails?

Is it possible the BES administrator turned this feature off. I am going to try it again, but it seems like if I delete an email in the Exchange server, it does not ever get deleted on the BB, 20 minutes for not.

?

Anyone have an answer?

B

bertiebassett 09-03-2007 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brettbok (Post 653725)
I have a BB that is connected with my Exchange server through BES.

I receive all messages. When I delete messages on the BB they are deleted in Exchange.

When I delete a message in Exchange (via outlook) that have already been sent to the bb, the message in the bb are not deleted.

Is there a way to force them to reconcile? I know there is a reconcile function in the BB menus, but I can't figure out what it does.

Is there a setting in the BES that allows reconiliation?

Go into your list of messages
Press the BB button
Select "options","Email Reconcilliation"
Ensure "Delete On: Mailbox & Handheld" is selected & Wireless Reconcile is set to on.
Save your changes.

Re-Test - Do you still have the same issue(s) now?

Freik 05-21-2008 11:29 AM

i do, i went from around 10,000 messages in my inbox to 11 over the last 2 days, at this point i might just reset up my enterprise activation and wipe it if i cant get them off.