BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Site Suggestions, News & Problems (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   instant notifications not working for me (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=255577)

btaylor1 11-20-2011 01:39 PM

instant notifications not working for me

it used to be that when i started a thread, or subscribed to an existing thread, i would start getting instant emailed notifications when others added to the thread. now i no longer do. i went under user cp, took a look at my subscribed threads, and the box for "instant notification" right of each was unchecked. i can choose to add a check in all of them, but after doing so i find no way to save the change so it will stick. i'm sure i'm missing something obvious, but i've looked repeatedly and can't seem to get the instant notifications back the way i want them. can someone help? thx

stevetaz 11-20-2011 02:25 PM

Re: instant notifications not working for me

After changing the drop-down to Instant Notifications scroll all the way to the bottom of the page. You should see two choices: Save Changes or Reset Fields.

btaylor1 11-20-2011 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevetaz (Post 1755901)
After changing the drop-down to Instant Notifications scroll all the way to the bottom of the page. You should see two choices: Save Changes or Reset Fields.

stevetaz, thanks very much. after changing the drop-down to Instant Notifications, i did scroll town all the way to the bottom. i see neither Save Changes nor Reset Fields. i was using internet explorer. i tried firefox and i didn't see choices for Save Chances or Reset Fields in firefox either

wish i were smart enough to figure this out! i've missed a lot of good notifications. interstingly, i DID get an emailed notification of your reply

stevetaz 11-20-2011 03:03 PM

I am using IE and see the choices at the bottom of the web page, following the box labeled Miscellaneous Options.

Someone smarter than me will have to respond. Hopefully Tom or one of the great Mods can help.

Sorry....

btaylor1 11-20-2011 03:11 PM

interesting. down at the bottom i see no Miscellaneous Options either. (i tried to snap a screen shot of what i'm seeing but microsoft word wouldn't let me paste a viewable copy.) thanks again for thoughts and i'll keep fingers xx'ed one of the moderators will have another idea.

dc/dc 11-20-2011 04:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is what you should see:

btaylor1 11-20-2011 07:08 PM

thank you.

that's under Edit Options and i wasn't there before. The Default Thread Subscription Mode is aleady set at "Instant email notification." i do see "Save Changes" and "Reset Fields" down there. (Sorry i wasn't there before.) so i guess i'm ok for new threads. but what i'm stuck on is getting the old threads changed over. maybe that can't be done. the old subscribed threads (on a different page) have no check under the Instant Notification column, and nothing i've done so far gives me an option both to (1) add checks "and" (2) save the changes under that specific page. and i continue receiving no notifications for the older subscribed threads.

sorry i'm slow at this, and thanks for the time already given to try and help me resolve

dc/dc 11-21-2011 04:24 AM

Yeah, I don't think you can change your old threads.

btaylor1 11-21-2011 07:14 AM

ah. ok. thanks to all for thoughts and help