BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9300 Series Discussion - Curve 3G (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   Email (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=252643)

wellingtonboot 08-23-2011 04:28 PM

Email

I've done a search and looked in the FAQs but I can't seem to see what I'm looking for....sorry if I'm asking a frequent question just cos I can't find it...:)

When I got the BB it had an app ( envelope symbol )that is a mail one. It seems to bring in mails and BB messages etc.

Now I have 2 email accounts set up, and each one also has it's own envelope symbol.

When a mail comes in to an account it goes to both the original symbol and to the specific one.

I'm wondering if all of you leave the individual mail account envelope symbols on, or if you just use the original one that seems to do all.....cos it seems a bit daft to have 3.

Hope you can understand this, cos I know what I mean, but I don't always explain every well...:)
Thanks
Ang x

dankarlinski 08-23-2011 05:34 PM

Re: Email

It all depends on what you want to do.

The first one will just be called messages.

By default it will pull in the emails, bbms ets.

You can set it to enable texts to show up in there as well.

It comes down to personal preference...

I like having everything in one big message boxn so I use the messaging app. If you want to keep it all organized, just use the individual apps, and hide the main messaging window.

Its all personal perference
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

devnull 08-23-2011 06:20 PM

I also have two email accounts. I hide the individual mail account envelopes and use the mail "messages" envelope for all.

Dubdub 08-23-2011 08:59 PM

I have a bout 5 accounts coming in. I hide all the individual icons and just use the main messages folder for everything. Can't see the need to go from folder to folder. Seems like a waste of time and effort to me.

wellingtonboot 08-24-2011 03:12 AM

Ok cheers...:)

I'll have a think and decide which to use.

Thanks...(y)

Ang x

wellingtonboot 08-24-2011 07:18 AM

I've been used to the android mail boxes, where I could have seperate boxes that looked and acted like the PC mail box, that had inbox/draft/sect across the top of the screen and I could 'load messages' with a click. I also had a carbon copy of my PC orange mail box on my phone.

I have found through the menu the inbox/sent/drafts, although no mails seem to show up in there at all.

If mails are delayed for any reason, there doesn't appear to be any way of me uploading the messages myself, as I could with the andriod. And it does appear that I sometimes get a mail message which is just one to say that my sent mail has gone....very confusing when it first happens, as I was searching for quite a while for the 'phanton mail'...lol.

I have sent a few test mails to myself on the two different mail addresses that I use, and using the 'stock app' it would appear that although there is notification at the top of the screen who the mail is from, it doesn't say which mail address it is for.

Maybe it's just me expecting too much or indeed not fully understanding yet.

Would it be that I haven't got it set up properly, am missing something or that I am ecpecting too much...

Ang x