BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9800 Series Discussion - Torch (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Meeting invites not appearing in BB calendar (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=266164)

nygrenae 07-23-2014 10:31 AM

Meeting invites not appearing in BB calendar

I'm receiving meeting invites sent from Outlook 2010/Windows XP that show up as an attached file called "application/x-rimdevicecalendar". I can't do anything with the file and the meeting doesn't get added to my BB calendar. On my desktop Outlook calendar, the meeting is there fine.

I get other meeting invites sent from Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2007/Windows 7 that come through and show up on the BB fine.

aiharkness 07-23-2014 05:34 PM

Re: Meeting invites not appearing in BB calendar

It's been a while for me and I think I have forgotten something. Make sure your calendar (CICAL) and messaging (CMIME) in Default Services in Advanced System Settings are both set to an email address and the same address for both. If that is not the way it is set now, that very well may be the problem.

The part I'm not sure about is why it works sometimes. If you have more than one email address set in BIS, see if the invites that work are all sent to one address and the one's that didn't work are sent to another. If all invites were sent to the same address then we need to look deeper.

nygrenae 07-23-2014 10:02 PM

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, all the invites--both those that work and those that don't work--go to the same email address. It's in my profile, but i probably should have mentioned that i'm not on BES. Any other thoughts?

aiharkness 07-23-2014 11:33 PM

I figured you were on BIS and not BES. Did you check your settings like I suggested?

Also, is there any pattern you can see to invites accepted versus those not accepted?
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

nygrenae 07-29-2014 08:16 AM

I'm not sure how to check the settings...I don't see the options you're suggesting in Advanced Settings. And to clarify my reply post: it's all happening on one email address--some of the invitations sent to my work email work and some don't work. As far as I can tell, it's invitations sent by people on Outlook 2010 using Windows XP (version 2002, service pack 3) that are failing. Ones sent from Outlook 2010 using Windows 7 are working, as are Outlook 2007/Windows 7 invites.

nygrenae 07-30-2014 07:06 AM

Another insight gained yesterday: when the same computer that sends Outlook invites to my business email that don't show up on my BB calendar sends an invite to my Yahoo mail account, it DOES show up on my calendar. So maybe something with how my BB account is pulling mail off my work email server???

Newlooker 10-20-2014 02:15 AM

i see my 9810