BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BlackBerry Versus (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=123)
-   -   BOLD or new 3G iphone? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=134288)

Andyn 06-09-2008 11:02 PM

BOLD or new 3G iphone?

Just got an e mail from Apple that the new 3G iPhone will launch July 11th. Torn between staying with my BB and holding out for the BOLD or going with the iPhone....Decisions, decisions........Seems certain now the BOLD will launch after the 3G iPhone from AT&T. Guess this announcement cements the fact BOLD will launch after iPhone.

korndog2003 06-09-2008 11:06 PM

Im going with iPhone... Just sold my old iPhone 8GB for $395 and My iPod Touch 16GB for $275

dankarlinski 06-09-2008 11:09 PM

i would wait for both with a public release to make sure there are no problems with either. i have a feeling there will be battery issues with the iphone but thats just my opinion

Tara One 06-09-2008 11:39 PM

decisions, decisions...I cant decide!!!

stranger 06-09-2008 11:42 PM

iPhone for me. the price is the deciding factor for me. no way Bold can come in that low.
July 11th i gotta be changing the signiture and visiting this site alot less.

kmccarthy 06-09-2008 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stranger (Post 963566)
iPhone for me. the price is the deciding factor for me.

How much are they going to put the 3G iphone out for?

b00st3d 06-09-2008 11:58 PM

bold...

iphone2 still cannot do MMS, record video, no bluetooth stereo, no cut and paste, and NO BLACKBERRY CONNECT! i send a lot of mms messages and i use my curve for bluetooth stereo A LOT.

208GadgetGeek 06-10-2008 01:19 AM

I got the news of the new iPhone this afternoon. I'm not even impressed. I'm saying this and I'm a hardcore Apple user. I love all of their products and I think the iPhone has a ways to go before it can compete with a Blackberry. I've used blackberrys for a long time and I bought an iPhone in April. It's a fantastic device for a lot of reasons but it just isn't the workhorse of a device for a professional on the go.

I went back to my blackberry for two reasons... Email and the keyboard. The keyboard on the iPhone is good enough but when ya need to bang out a long email or ya send A LOT of texts in a single day ike I do... the iPhone keyboard (and the predictive text) is a pain in the butt! And about the email... I just didn't like the idea that there could be emails in my inbox and I wasn't getting them instantly.

The BOLD will blast the 3G iPhone out of the water. It might be a bit more expensive but who cares...I'm anxiously waiting for the BOLD to hit the AT&T stores.

Kris2009 06-10-2008 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dankarlinski (Post 963529)
i would wait for both with a public release to make sure there are no problems with either. i have a feeling there will be battery issues with the iphone but thats just my opinion

There are still issues with the Bold's battery also.

As I mentioned previously, I have an evaluation unit (one of two sent to us) and both of them have extremely weak batteries. After speaking to RIM, steve assured me that when it is released all the issues will be sorted and we should see fairly powerful batteries.

As an example, I was using my Bluetooth Stereo Kit the over the weekend so I can control the music from my Garden. Unfortunately the bettery only lasted just over 90 minutes. On a side note, the range was incredible. I have a 30ft garden and with the windows open I was able to change tracks from the end of the garden.

greggebhardt 06-10-2008 06:36 AM

I would be willing to bet that RIM's final device will pack more power than what they gave you to evaluate. No way RIM will deliver a device with poor battery performance.

You got to love Apple selling some models of the iPhone2 for only $200 dollars. I wonder if they will give you an extra battery for it! <vbg>

ghettochild 06-10-2008 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greggebhardt (Post 963793)
I would be willing to bet that RIM's final device will pack more power than what they gave you to evaluate. No way RIM will deliver a device with poor battery performance.

You got to love Apple selling some models of the iPhone2 for only $200 dollars. I wonder if they will give you an extra battery for it! <vbg>

Here you go again taking yet another cheap shot at the iPhone. How about reading the iPhone specs? Then again, you wouldn't let facts get in your way of iPhone hating.

Sad. You.

greggebhardt 06-10-2008 06:46 AM

yep, here YOU go again!

Did they add cut and paste to the iPhone2? They must have, right?

sjohns2 06-10-2008 08:05 AM

Wirelessly posted

Probably going with the iPhone, but as I type this post on my BB, I'm now having 2nd thoughts.

sjohns2 06-10-2008 08:08 AM

Wirelessly posted

Probably going with the iPhone, but as I type this post on my BB, I'm now having 2nd thoughts.

wgimenes 06-10-2008 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjohns2 (Post 963912)
Wirelessly posted

I have customers with iPhones and have to say that I can't stand the keyboard. Don't think that the apps are that good either.

My BlackBerry Curve is much easier to type, built in GPS which is quite handy with Google Maps and my synchronisation with my Outlook/Exchange Server/BES is excellent.

I would not chose an iPhone over a BlackBerry in a million years.

Rat_Boy 06-10-2008 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by korndog2003 (Post 963524)
Im going with iPhone... Just sold my old iPhone 8GB for $395 and My iPod Touch 16GB for $275

Maybe I am stupid or something, but what MORON would pay $395 for a 1st Gen Iphone right now?

Rat_Boy 06-10-2008 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wgimenes (Post 963924)
I have customers with iPhones and have to say that I can't stand the keyboard. Don't think that the apps are that good either.

My BlackBerry Curve is much easier to type, built in GPS which is quite handy with Google Maps and my synchronisation with my Outlook/Exchange Server/BES is excellent.

I would not chose an iPhone over a BlackBerry in a million years.

Yes, but the new iPhone 2 has GPS and will supposedly sync with Outlook Exchange.

It is a tough decision, to say the least.

I just wish Blackberry had a MobileMe type of thing where I could go on the web, and access my email, contacts and calendar and have them all synced to the phone.

Blackberryer 06-10-2008 08:17 AM

I'm a first gen iPhone owner and I'm very happily switching back to BB when the Bold comes out. iPhone is a great device, but I'm warning BB owners who are switching that it DOES NOT do the stuff we love on BB's well. If you prefer the iPod and browsing features, then switching is fine. But for everything else, BB's are better.

Warning about the phone portion of the device: it's terrible. I thought the sound quality was okay at first but then when I played with a Curve for a while people couldn't believe the difference. One sounded like a landline, and the iPhone sounded like a 1997 cell phone.

wgimenes 06-10-2008 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rat_Boy (Post 963933)
Yes, but the new iPhone 2 has GPS and will supposedly sync with Outlook Exchange.

It is a tough decision, to say the least.

I just wish Blackberry had a MobileMe type of thing where I could go on the web, and access my email, contacts and calendar and have them all synced to the phone.

But you still have that awful keyboard.

I also use mScorecard to keep track of my golf scores. Works on Nokias, Palm, Windows Mobile and BlackBerry. Does it have an iPhone version? NO.

iPhones are a nice gadget, I grant you that.

enrich2u 06-10-2008 08:38 AM

The BOLD is always on my mind..:cry:
The BlackBerry Bold is the buzz word right now in the world of BlackBerries. As most probably expected AT&T is to gain the BlackBerry Bold, also known as the BlackBerry 9000 before anyone else in July with the price tag of $300.00. While Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mobile customers will have to wait until September.