BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General Legacy Device Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   Carrier Has not Changed after OS Installation/Update (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=260753)

Jackjay 07-27-2012 08:58 AM

Carrier Has not Changed after OS Installation/Update

I downloaded a Sprint 4.5.0.311 OS(I deleted the Vendor xml file) and loaded it on my Verizon BB8830.But after the update process,the carrier still remained the same(its showing verizon wireless if turned on).What could be the cause/problem?
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

jsconyers 07-27-2012 09:38 AM

Re: Carrier Has not Changed after OS Installation/Update

You cannot change the splash screen. It will always show Verizon when it boots up.

Jackjay 07-27-2012 11:01 AM

Thanks.I knew nothing about that.

Jackjay 07-27-2012 11:18 AM

And by the way my BB has a problem.BIS has stoped working after activation.I've activated BIS 3 times but the browser Icon did not appear on home screen,my Device didn't receive service books(I wiped it),tried battery pulls and called service provider to send service books but the device didn't receive them although data services is on.How can I solve this problem?My handheld is useless minus internet.!!!

jsconyers 07-27-2012 12:15 PM

I would check with your carrier to verify your BlackBerry data plan didn't get dropped off of your account.

Jackjay 07-27-2012 01:12 PM

Actually I think the device has the problem because I used the same simcard I use(by then the BIS had not expired) in another 8830 and things worked fine and the browser,yahoo/windows messenger icons and the Blackberry help icon appeared.And if I send HRT registration request using ny8830,I don't get the reply.May be I need to Flash my device(thats what I was advised by some phone gurus),if so then what software is required may be BBSAK?

knottyrope 07-27-2012 02:11 PM

is the device unlocked?

Jackjay 07-27-2012 03:13 PM

Yes its unlocked.

dc/dc 07-28-2012 08:05 AM

You are also using a very old CDMA device with a GSM carrier. Airtel may not provide the service books for that device, in which case it will never work.

Jackjay 07-29-2012 02:16 AM

Hmmmm,Anyway there nothing I can do.Then I have no option than to configure my blackberry using a free browsing without BIS activation service book file I downloaded from an internet gurus website.Hmmm sounds great.

dc/dc 07-29-2012 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackjay (Post 1783853)
Hmmmm,Anyway there nothing I can do.Then I have no option than to configure my blackberry using a free browsing without BIS activation service book file I downloaded from an internet gurus website.Hmmm sounds great.

Nope. Service books do you no good without a plan.

Jackjay 07-29-2012 09:43 AM

Actually the one I have(if installed) enables/configures the browser automatically and it appears on the home screen Including other services providing a free wireless internet.No need for a data plan