BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9500 Series Discussion - Storm (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   UK Vodafone Release Date and Price Info! (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=154981)

mahbs786 10-15-2008 04:18 PM

UK Vodafone Release Date and Price Info!

This info appears to have been around for some time but I've not seen anyone post it so I thought I would! It's very well hidden on Vodafone's web site.

UK Vodafone plan to release the Blackberry Storm on 5th November 2008 on various price plans starting from free phone for a £45 price plan. :smile:

The text below has been copied from a pre-order email I received:

BlackBerry® Storm™
The phone is scheduled for launch on 5 November. Whilst every effort will be made we cannot guarantee delivery of your order on the scheduled date. We will keep you informed of any changes to this date.

Price plan:
900 Anytime minutes, Unlimited Texts, Free Itemised Billing, Vodafone World, Unlimited Mobile Internet & Email, Includes BlackBerry® email. (18 months)

Visit the link below and click on 'buy online or call 08080 408 408' at the bottom of the screen.

shop.vodafone.co.uk/mobile-phones/pay-monthly/coming-soon/]New Mobile Phones

I hope my info is valid and useful! Regards, Mahbs786.

JSanders 10-15-2008 05:12 PM

Thank you.

Vodafone UK BlackBerry Storm For Free | BlackBerryNews.com

iamwiz82 10-15-2008 05:41 PM

Woah, I did not expect for it to be free, 45 pounds is about what I pay for phone plus Blackberry service now, in USD.

zkyevolved 10-16-2008 06:37 AM

Wirelessly posted (BB 8300)

I think vodafone UK is actually pretty decent. I'm going to end up paying 400€ for it without any type of contract but using all my vodafone points! I can't wait for this phone. I was going for the bold but when I was this one I decided on the storm after a great many hours of investigation!

annonymous1 10-17-2008 12:24 AM

Would it be about the same price and plan for Australian Vodafone?

machiavell1 10-23-2008 10:43 AM

A bit more info for the rumour mill on Voda release:

Exclusive: BlackBerry Storm UK Release Date Revealed - Mobile Phone News - TrustedReviews

Yummy 10-26-2008 02:45 PM

Release date for Vodafone Ireland

I had a chance to speak briefly with one of the executive from Vodafone Ireland (one of my customers) I asked him about the release date, he glanced at the date on his watch and told me in a one week, also told me that it won't be available on perfect Choice 50 & 100 (only 200 and above) and that you wil be getting 1GB BIS data and 1GB for the streamed TV etc.(he probably ment Vodafone Live) Didn't told me anything about the pricing... I know that this is a thread about UK release date, but I didn't want to create a new thread for this as I think that the Storm will be released in Ireland and UK at the same time...

machiavell1 10-26-2008 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yummy (Post 1148655)
I had a chance to speak briefly with one of the executive from Vodafone Ireland (one of my customers) I asked him about the release date, he glanced at the date on his watch and told me in a one week, also told me that it won't be available on perfect Choice 50 & 100 (only 200 and above) and that you wil be getting 1GB BIS data and 1GB for the streamed TV etc.(he probably ment Vodafone Live) Didn't told me anything about the pricing... I know that this is a thread about UK release date, but I didn't want to create a new thread for this as I think that the Storm will be released in Ireland and UK at the same time...

1 week? By next weekend?

rachamphetamine 10-26-2008 06:36 PM

One week would be about the November 5th release date, so that sounds good to me.

MacFly 10-27-2008 12:09 PM

where would be the best place to order a VodaFone Storm either in the US or shipped into the US to be unlocked for TMO US?

tia

aapierre 10-28-2008 08:19 AM

advert was on tv last night - loolked good.

BB certainly doing a lot more of the ads now - they are everywhere

JSanders 10-28-2008 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacFly (Post 1149522)
where would be the best place to order a VodaFone Storm either in the US or shipped into the US to be unlocked for TMO US?

tia

Your only choice for a Vodafone 9500 will be to have it shipped into the US, unless you find someone here IN the US who already has it.

bbdivo 10-31-2008 05:59 AM

Vodafone's Storm page has changed to a pre-order screen with tarriffs, lowest tarrif is £40 with the phone being free:

shop.vodafone.co.uk/mobile-phones/pay-monthly/blackberry/storm/

machiavell1 10-31-2008 06:11 AM

I have pre-ordered one. They're hoping to deliver it by 11 November, so that's the intended launch date on Voda if not the guaranteed one.

However, I may well be sending it back under the 14 day guarantee if it's not truly amazing and unlockable to O2 (which is sadly the carrier I have to use through work), as the phone price over the life the contract is £720!!! which is crazy expensive when you consider I will not be benefiting from the contract minutes (it's effectively buying it sim-free). My Bold cost nothing like that, and the iPhone doesn't either if you buy it PAYG (effectively sim-free).

I just hope they sorted the reported lag and that touch screen responsiveness out as otherwise it's a dealbreaker for me.

I love my iPhone and the iTouch for the design/form and the ipoddiness of it and think it's a shame that the blackberry is not as intuitive in this respect as the iPhone, BUT I love my Blackberry (particularly the Bold I am currently using) for its brilliant messaging/communication capability and speedy operation (for the iPhone is laggy and rubbish when it comes to business email due to lack of search, cut and paste etc).

What I am looking for is a blackberry which retains its core strengths and adds some of those of the iPhone, and what I would not appreciate is a blackberry which instead loses some of the best of blackberry yet can't match the best of iPhone, if you see what I mean after that convoluted explanation!!

JW021979 10-31-2008 10:47 AM

You can have the phone for free on a £35 a month tariff if you dont mind it being a 24 month contract.

machiavell1 10-31-2008 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JW021979 (Post 1153824)
You can have the phone for free on a £35 a month tariff if you dont mind it being a 24 month contract.

Yes - but what I mean is the overall cost - I have pre-ordered it on Free + £40 a month for 18 months which works out at £720. 24 months @ £35 pcm means you're paying £840 over the life of the contract, which is a lot if you're not using the minutes.

watkins.glen 10-31-2008 02:07 PM

Got mine ordered, moving over to Vodafone on the 11th. Just got the Gphone to try it out... nice, but find the OS just as clunky as WM

machiavell1 10-31-2008 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by watkins.glen (Post 1154003)
Just got the Gphone to try it out... nice, but find the OS just as clunky as WM

Is it out in the UK yet?

JSanders 10-31-2008 02:20 PM

Nov 11th.

Vodafone Releases Storm Prices | BlackBerryNews.com

machiavell1 10-31-2008 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSanders (Post 1154023)

I know that! See my post above.....I was the one who posted the date earlier in the day.... :smile: I've put in a Storm pre-order for delivery on 11th.

I meant the gphone.