BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9800 Series Discussion - Torch (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Screen wont's flip horizontal/vertical (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=259044)

btadlock 04-17-2012 09:06 AM

Screen wont's flip horizontal/vertical

9810 screen remains in the vertical, will not flip, removed battery, no change.
Thanks.

dc/dc 04-17-2012 09:18 AM

Re: Screen wont's flip horizontal/vertical

Have you checked your settings?

btadlock 04-17-2012 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dc/dc (Post 1775178)
Have you checked your settings?

What setting would affect this?
Thanks.

dc/dc 04-17-2012 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btadlock (Post 1775182)
What setting would affect this?
Thanks.

There should be a screen rotation setting in the options. I'm not sure where as I don't own a Torch model.

sneakersteve 04-23-2012 01:24 PM

I've had this happen to me. The screen stops rotating. I re-boot solves it. What a great OS.

Medic48 04-25-2012 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dc/dc (Post 1775190)
There should be a screen rotation setting in the options. I'm not sure where as I don't own a Torch model.

I do not believe there is any options with regards to screen rotation or sensitivity. I did searched the options on my torch as well as searching google and wasn't able to find anything.

--Phil

cbraafhart 04-26-2012 08:56 AM

It also happend to me i've tried everything, but the thing that worked for me i dont understand whyy but it helped, is to let your battery drain COMPLETELY that the phone would turn off by it's self and when it's completely dead charge it(turned off) and when it's finished remove the battery for 30 seconds and then see if it resolved your problem.

Medic48 04-26-2012 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbraafhart (Post 1776186)
It also happend to me i've tried everything, but the thing that worked for me i dont understand whyy but it helped, is to let your battery drain COMPLETELY that the phone would turn off by it's self and when it's completely dead charge it(turned off) and when it's finished remove the battery for 30 seconds and then see if it resolved your problem.

You shouldn't let your battery drain completely as the batteries that blackberry uses should not be drained below 20%. Draining below 20% can cause loss of battery life.

--Phil

bostonnerd 04-27-2012 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btadlock (Post 1775176)
9810 screen remains in the vertical, will not flip, removed battery, no change.
Thanks.

Drove me crazy when I got my 9810 as well. You have a two piece case on it like a GRT?

There seems to be a orientation sensor located between the main body and the top of the sliding keyboard that doesn't consistently register.

What solved my issue was opening the keyboard and slamming it closed multiple times, which seemed to free up the sensor. You obviously need to use some judgement as to how hard to do this, but it did work for me. I haven't had a problem in the months since I did it.

The issue does not seem to be OS rev related, and rebooting is only a very temporary solution.

cbraafhart 04-27-2012 06:07 AM

@medic48 i know draining battery below 20 % has is consequences but it really worked for me. it is up to the blackberry user to do so ;-) I just gave my tip that helped me :-)

NJBlackBerry 04-27-2012 06:34 AM

And others will give the tip that it is a terrible idea to let your battery drop below 20% as it could result in loss of data.

cbraafhart 04-27-2012 01:45 PM

@njblackberry to be honest i never lost any data from my blackberry neither did my blackberry run out of battery quicker. again it is up to the user if he would execute my tip

bekizwe 08-01-2012 10:25 PM

I THINK DROPPING THE BLACKBERRY MESSES WITH THE SENSOR.
HOWEVER, I JUST FLIPPED THE SLIDE UP/DOWN, UP/DOWN FOR ABOUT 4 - 5 TIMES WITH MILD TO MODERATE FORCE AND THE HORIZONTAL/VERTICAL FUNCTION WAS BACK ON. I INITIALLY REMOVED BATTERY, THAT DIDN'T SOLVE MY PROBLEM.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

dc/dc 08-02-2012 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bekizwe (Post 1784176)
I THINK DROPPING THE BLACKBERRY MESSES WITH THE SENSOR.
HOWEVER, I JUST FLIPPED THE SLIDE UP/DOWN, UP/DOWN FOR ABOUT 4 - 5 TIMES WITH MILD TO MODERATE FORCE AND THE HORIZONTAL/VERTICAL FUNCTION WAS BACK ON. I INITIALLY REMOVED BATTERY, THAT DIDN'T SOLVE MY PROBLEM.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

Thanks Captain Obvious, but posting in all CAPS is rude.

knottyrope 08-07-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry (Post 1776259)
And others will give the tip that it is a terrible idea to let your battery drop below 20% as it could result in loss of data.

never happened to me and I have run it down many times to the red on my old battery. no improvement in battery life with a new battery that has never been run down.

low memory on the other hand can cause stuff to go missing

JaguarXJ7 11-08-2012 03:48 PM

I had this happen to my 9800, but I'm pretty sure it's mechanically messed up from being dropped. I have to squeeze the slider and body centrally on both sides at the same time to get the flip functional. This proved to be a pain in the a** so I bought a 9810 off of ebay to tie me over until BB10 is launched.

dc/dc 04-30-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vonjohn (Post 1802854)
help... im having this problem 5 almost 5 months now :( is it hardware problem?

No, it's because you are a spammer.