BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BlackBerry In the News (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   MarketWatch opinion piece today about RIM (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=263065)

kathrynhr 01-07-2013 08:09 AM

MarketWatch opinion piece today about RIM

Main idea: good stock prospects if better business decisions are made.

It's Blackberry's Time to Shine

NJBlackBerry 01-07-2013 08:50 AM

Re: MarketWatch opinion piece today about RIM

I was happy to see this article until I saw who the author was.. I haven't agreed with much he's said for the last 10 years.

All that matters is the execution of BB 10. If there are bugs, it will be the end. If it shines, RIM will prosper. They have a lot of work ahead of them. And 23 days until the launch.

dc/dc 01-07-2013 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry (Post 1795669)
All that matters is the execution of BB 10. If there are bugs, it will be the end. If it shines, RIM will prosper. They have a lot of work ahead of them. And 23 days until the launch.

I second this. It's pretty straightforward. Shit or get off the pot basically.

knottyrope 01-07-2013 11:50 AM

I had some hands on time with BB10 and WOW what a difference.

Peek into Hub from anywhere is sweet.

everything just flows

more to come in a few weeks with the launch of BB10

Preroll 01-07-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry (Post 1795669)
I was happy to see this article until I saw who the author was.. I haven't agreed with much he's said for the last 10 years.

Exactly!

kathrynhr 01-29-2013 09:00 AM

Another MarketWatch article this morning:

RIM Makes Last Shot with Blackberry 10

I haven't kept up with the rumored feature set of Blackberry 10, but will be taking a close look once it's released. It would take A LOT to get me to switch back to BB as my primary phone, though. I've gotten used to a high-end feature set and Android's ability to customize the [bleep] out of my device. I use my HTC phone as a wireless Internet hub almost daily, for example. It has come in so handy both at home and overseas that I would no longer even consider switching to a phone that didn't have that ability.

dc/dc 01-29-2013 09:38 AM

I like what I see so far, but like you said, it will take a lot to get me back.

bostonnerd 01-30-2013 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dc/dc (Post 1797956)
I like what I see so far, but like you said, it will take a lot to get me back.

I regularly use a BB on BES, as well as an HTC One X, iPhone, and iPad on EAS. Maybe I'm a closet Luddite, but for work stuff, the BB is still my go to device. I still find the Outlook analogous functions to be best on the BB.

With that said, it will be interesting to see how much of the business DNA has been retained in BB10.