BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General BlackBerry Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Back to BB (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=260181)

asher813 06-24-2012 01:31 AM

Back to BB

Earlier this year I swapped my Bold for a Samsung Galaxy Hemorrhoid, I mean Android.

That thunking sound you hear is me kicking myself in the butt. I haven't switched back to BB yet, but it's looking better every day.

I know I'm preaching to the choir here, so I won't rant on about battery life, lack of keyboard, atrocious reliability, blah blah blah. Here are the concerns I do have about moving back, and maybe some of the users can help me.

- Future of BB. I know the news articles say RIM is going through a tough phase right now but that the company isn't in any real danger of folding. True?

- Billing plan. I have three wireless lines on my account (one of them is my son's), two of which were iPhones. I found that having BB and non-BB devices on the same account made the process of selecting features and billing plans exponentially more complicated. Am I just dense, or have other users had similar issues? I'd be interested to hear from users who have accounts sharing BB and non-BB devices.

- Email folders. This actually turned out to be less of an issue than I thought it would be, because while I do use email folders, I very rarely need to manage them from my mobile device; I can do that from my desktop. Still, the fact that the RIM email server doesn't let me access my folders is a minus, albeit a very minor one. Is webmail thru the browser a useful workaround for that?

Those are the main concerns for me as I contemplate moving back to BlackBerry. Any input from users? I'm looking forward to going back to BB, and getting rid of my hemorrhoid.

Dubdub 06-24-2012 07:02 AM

Re: Back to BB

Future of BB: Read the BB in the News and the rumors sections.

Billing: You need to talk to your carrier about that. I have 2 lines on AT&T and have not experienced any of the problems you mention.

Email Folders. BIS works as it always has.

alphasports 07-01-2012 07:19 AM

Here's my .02, as a frequent iPhone and BB user...

RIM will cease to exist as we know it (it's parts a worth much more than its current market cap), and will get parted out and sold to scavengers, but the BB service will likely continue as always so no worries there, certainly some major changes coming, probably a good thing.

On the other hand I wouldn't sign away your life on a 3 year plan for any of the current products. Do what I do and find a good used one for cheap!

rambo47 07-04-2012 08:10 PM

Lack of access to sub-folders in email is a prime reason I've moved away from BlackBerry.

Dubdub 07-04-2012 09:09 PM

Rambo, where ya been? LTNS.