BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Aftermarket Software (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   FTP Program to upload files from Media card to FTP Server. (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=149526)

SteveO86 09-10-2008 07:49 PM

FTP Program to upload files from Media card to FTP Server.

Is there any FTP software which allows me to upload files from my media card to an FTP server?

I tried Rove which seems real nice but no option to upload a file. Is such an ability possible from my BlackBerry. (Not an really important function but their are just a handful of occasions where this would come in handy.)

spbbp 09-11-2008 06:14 AM

Rove's file manager has an option to upload the files from BB to FTP server. On your BB open Rove's File manager, browse to the files you want to upload, then hit the Menu (not the trackball, but the BB symbol) button. You will see an option to "Move" the file. When you select this, you can browse to the FTP server destination and then click on the Move button.

This method worked for me and I'm using version 2.5.36.

SteveO86 09-11-2008 07:09 AM

Thanks, I'm gonna have to give that a shot later on.

camaro322hp 09-11-2008 11:25 AM

BlackBerry FTP client by BEIKS - BeFTP free download

They have both free and paid versions.

EDIT: just realized that you said you need to UPLOAD. The newest version of BeFTP which is currently in beta test allows for uploads. Should be released soon...

SteveO86 09-11-2008 07:08 PM

I followed threw with the "Move" as well as the "Copy" feature with Rove File Manager and worked pretty nicely, the free version of BeFTP doesn't save the connection so I think I'm gonna stick with Rove, I don't have to FTP alot so digging up the FTP information 6 months down the line might be a bit of a hassle, Rove keeps the connection settings there for me.

But thanks for the update, I will probably give BeFTP a quick run threw once they release the update.

2Curious 09-12-2008 07:54 AM

Rove Mobile File Manager works great, as do all Rove apps! I've used both BeFTP and Rove. I prefer Rove for stability, ease of use, and pwd protection to app. I can edit files, upload, and download from any of my ftp locations to/from sd card. Easy as pie!

SteveO86 09-14-2008 09:12 AM

Is anyone using Rove Mobile File Manager with OS 4.5? I installed 4.5 a few days ago and I have been going threw my apps to make sure they have all been working good with OS 4.5 but Mobile File Manager has started throwing "Unexpected exception" and it's version 2.5.36 .. I haven't tried an uninstall re-install yet. Maybe that will help.

spbbp 09-14-2008 10:25 AM

I've been using version 2.5.36 successfully for a while on 4.5.0.55 on my pearl. I already had 4.5 when I installed Rove Mobile File Manager. May be reinstalling will help...

WillJitsu 09-14-2008 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveO86 (Post 1099641)
Is anyone using Rove Mobile File Manager with OS 4.5? I installed 4.5 a few days ago and I have been going threw my apps to make sure they have all been working good with OS 4.5 but Mobile File Manager has started throwing "Unexpected exception" and it's version 2.5.36 .. I haven't tried an uninstall re-install yet. Maybe that will help.

I have the exact same problem since upgrading to 4.5. I spoke with the developer and he said that people are running it fine on 4.5 so he didn't really have a solution. I have to switch back to BeFTP because I can't figure it out. Let me know if you do please!

SteveO86 09-14-2008 09:45 PM

Wirelessly posted

Well I actually got a new Curve, installed 4.5.0.77, then installed Mobile File Manager and it still gives me an unexpected error. I'm gonna try a battery pull and a few other things tomorrow.

DrPepper4Me 09-15-2008 09:46 AM

I use Rove's utility on my Curve and love it. (y)

dbltap 09-18-2008 06:36 PM

It appears that ROVE has discontinued Mobile File Manager as of Sept 15th. :( I had it on my 8820 and went looking to put it on my Bold. Now I can't find it anywhere. Anyone still have the .coc & .alx files?

EDIT: Got the files. Thanks.

funkym 09-18-2008 11:33 PM

I never got BeFTP running :(

SteveO86 09-19-2008 07:56 PM

Yea I can't find the Rove Mobile File Manager to put on my newer Curve :(

Very upsetting, and Mobile Admin is $200+ I think.... Since I rarely have to FTP I would love for BeFTP to save the account since I will probably forget my credentials by the time I need to do it again....

Such is life... Once I can upload with BeFTP I'll start using that, no biggie I'm going to survive.

spbbp 09-20-2008 08:05 AM

Rove must be changing their business model or something...

Mobile manager is a nice tool and I use it to FTP files quite regularly. I don't know what will happen to it once I update the OS next time. . I guess will have to go back to BeFTP.

visortgw 09-20-2008 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spbbp (Post 1107683)
Rove must be changing their business model or something...

Mobile manager is a nice tool and I use it to FTP files quite regularly. I don't know what will happen to it once I update the OS next time. . I guess will have to go back to BeFTP.

Backup the application before you upgrade.

stephyt 10-05-2008 07:18 PM

I *just* got my BB and of course, the one functionality I was looking foward to (FTP Uploads) seems to exist nowhere and it looks like I just missed it! If anybody has the .coc and .alx files for Mobile File Manager and could send them my way, I would really appreciate it.

Redflea 10-05-2008 11:32 PM

So no one has the Rove install files?

SteveO86 10-06-2008 08:42 PM

Wirelessly posted

Guess not. I uninstalled them in and attempt to re-install. I never imaged they would be discontinued when they were.

zimp 10-15-2008 07:11 AM

use the blueftp and bluetooth to transport data between pc and mobilephone