BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BES Admin Corner (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   How does user change the BES setting (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=103364)

cche 11-05-2007 04:13 PM

How does user change the BES setting

I setup a default IT Policy on BES. For power user, I want users be able to make their own setting i.e. which folder to be sync to the BlackBerry.

How does user change their own BES setting? I don't seem to find the option in Desktop Manager on my XP workstation.

Do you change the setting on my BlackBerry but I don't seem to find the way to do so.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Che

hdawg 11-06-2007 12:47 AM

Messages > Options > Email Settings > <push in trackwheel and select folder redirection>

cche 11-06-2007 11:55 AM

Cool, thanks for the info. Is it true that if I want to change how the BlackBerry device works with BES, I make change via the BlackBerry device instead of the Desktop Manager?

Che

juwaack68 11-06-2007 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cche (Post 730042)
Cool, thanks for the info. Is it true that if I want to change how the BlackBerry device works with BES, I make change via the BlackBerry device instead of the Desktop Manager?

What do you mean "How the Blackberry device works with BES"?

Are you asking if you can change the functionality that the device can do while it's connected to a BES, or are you asking what needs to be done if you get another Blackberry device (a replacement)?

cche 11-06-2007 02:17 PM

I mean the options in IT Policy and the user's default setting on BES. For example, if I specify the user's Personal address to be sync to the BlakcBerry device. How can the user change the address book to sync, i.e. via their own device?

Thanks
Che

juwaack68 11-06-2007 02:18 PM

If you set something via the IT Policy the user cannot change it. You have to change it in the IT Policy.

Maybe I'm not comprehending the question....

audit 11-06-2007 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juwaack68 (Post 730253)
Maybe I'm not comprehending the question....

It's all that lake effect snow your getting hammered with right now :razz:

juwaack68 11-06-2007 02:52 PM

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

cche 11-06-2007 03:44 PM

Thanks for clarification about IT Policy.

On the user's properties > PIM Sync, I tell it to sync "User's personal address book". So how can a user set which address book to sync to BlackBerry?

I saw there is a PIM Sync option in IT Policy. I guess I can use the IT Policy to enable / disable sync of different components. Once it is enabled, users can then set their own prefered sync source, correct?

Cheer!
Che

Jadey 11-07-2007 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cche (Post 730346)
Thanks for clarification about IT Policy.

On the user's properties > PIM Sync, I tell it to sync "User's personal address book". So how can a user set which address book to sync to BlackBerry?

I saw there is a PIM Sync option in IT Policy. I guess I can use the IT Policy to enable / disable sync of different components. Once it is enabled, users can then set their own prefered sync source, correct?

Cheer!
Che

If I am understanding correctly, then no. The BB synchs the PAB listed on their account on the BES. AFAIK there is no way for a user to override that option and set a different PAB.

cche 11-07-2007 01:20 PM

Hi Jadey:

Thanks for the info.

Che

paradeis 11-10-2007 10:58 PM

Default Policy

How does one change the default policy? I have an issue where several users (that lock their phones) don't like the way our company name and telephone number show up on the locked screen. I'd like to change this (and also perhaps add a customized message). I did change it under "Set Owner Information" under IT Admin and it worked, but then an hour or two later, it seemed to revert back to what it was to begin with. And the information I put in under "Set Owner Information" was gone.

Thanks for any help you can provide...

hdawg 11-11-2007 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paradeis (Post 735879)
How does one change the default policy? I have an issue where several users (that lock their phones) don't like the way our company name and telephone number show up on the locked screen. I'd like to change this (and also perhaps add a customized message). I did change it under "Set Owner Information" under IT Admin and it worked, but then an hour or two later, it seemed to revert back to what it was to begin with. And the information I put in under "Set Owner Information" was gone.

Thanks for any help you can provide...

Paradeis - In the future you might look to start your own thread; so it doesn't get lost in someone elses....

What version of BES are you using? You might try searching here or at the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center or at BlackBerryFAQ