BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General BlackBerry Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   "Battery Drained -Handheld Shutting off" Error (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=9097)

quartzlynn 05-26-2005 09:57 AM

"Battery Drained -Handheld Shutting off" Error

Hello Fellow Crackberry Users.

We are getting ready to leave on a much needed vacation tomorrow and of course, my husbands blackberry started spitting out errors last night. Basically, it beeps and gived the "Battery Drained- Handheld shutting off error) then turns off. The battery was charged and we tried it with different chargers etc but it woul not come back to life for more than a few seconds. I tried his SIM card in my unit and it worked so its obviously a hardware issue. Apart from trying to do a warranty exchange with someone in a third world country, does anyone have any suggestions???

Thanks

jwcanada 05-26-2005 12:32 PM

I would start by trying a new battery. Your battery may be bad and not able to hold a charge anymore.

bfrye 05-26-2005 12:36 PM

shut it off... plug it in for about an hour and see if that makes a difference.

Might wanna try a new cable as well (or a new outlet). When you plug it in does the little charging icon come on to the right of the battery strength indicator?

Jim Bond 05-26-2005 02:46 PM

Here's an idea. Leave it at home.. 8-)
You're going on vacation, who needs to bring work with them!

Failing that, pop the battery out and wait about a minute and pop it back in again, see if that helps. :oops:

Dawg 05-27-2005 09:18 AM

I have never had any battery problems, This morning I took phone off of charger was fully charged 2 hours later I loaded pocket day when it rebooted was showing 19% I put it on the charger for a while was showing 42% so I removed it from the charger and five minutes it was down to 19% again. Deleted PD and now back up to 4 bars. So not sure whats going on with my phone but its really weird.

nikkormat42 11-16-2005 06:47 PM

I get the same thing

I get the same error. It wont charge. Did you have any luck with a new battery? I cant get one anywhere.

nikkormat42 12-08-2005 10:45 AM

Called T-Mobile to get support. They had me reinstall the "Handheld Software Version (4.0.2.49)" which didnt work. Now they suggest finding a battery to test with. My delima is that no freaking store that sells BB's will let me use one for testing. I have been to several T-Mobile stores and even Cingular without success. I certainly dont want to buy one if it aint the problem.

Wah!

nb_mitch 12-08-2005 10:55 AM

Can you buy it, keep receipt and return it if it isn't the problem? Not sure about these batteries, I have had good luck with Wal-Mart for my digital camera batteries. I hear the 8700 and 7130 may have a smart battery that must be a BB unit.

Shelveen 08-20-2006 01:34 PM

im having the same problem....this happened last night when my battery was about to die and i plugged it in...and now it wont turn on...help!!! im on vacation right now, and i need this thing