BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9000 Series Discussion - Bold (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Orange UK BES (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=146821)

gorillag 08-25-2008 09:45 AM

Orange UK BES

Has anyone got both BIS and BES set up on their Bold? If so how much does it cost and is ther anyway you can get Orange to set this up for free?

Is it possible to run both on the Bold. i want to sign up to a hosted BES service?

Cheers

Foxglove 08-25-2008 11:18 AM

Wirelessly posted

I found this, not sure if it is what you want but it may be a starting point.

http://www.blackberry.com/select/pro.../express.shtml

Yes, you can have both BIS and BES, that much I know :)

cde3879 08-25-2008 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gorillag (Post 1074265)
Has anyone got both BIS and BES set up on their Bold? If so how much does it cost and is ther anyway you can get Orange to set this up for free?

Is it possible to run both on the Bold. i want to sign up to a hosted BES service?

Cheers

Yep, you can - speak to the BlackBerry technical team on 328 (if memory serves correctly) and they'll be able to provision it for you. They will try to charge you £35 plus VAT per month for BES but if you moan loudly enough you might be lucky enough to get it for free, depending on your monthly spend and contract position.

I have both on my Orange UK bold.

DJBoozy 08-25-2008 12:38 PM

why would you need both? :)

cde3879 08-25-2008 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJBoozy (Post 1074479)
why would you need both? :)

Cos the BIS add-on gives you unlimited data as well as BIS ;-)

gorillag 08-25-2008 01:35 PM

Thanks for this guys. I am a brand new customer so may hold my powder dry for a few months. I want the BES sp I can sync an outlook account hosted on a 3rd part bes service as my work wont let me connect to my outlook at work and has disabled the baility to load desktop manager gross misconduct if I try.

One further question is do I need to run to different data allowances or will they both come of the BIS 50mb. i.e. do i need to switch between or will the BES just use data when it syncs o the hosted server?

Cheers

cde3879 08-25-2008 01:55 PM

Can't your work pay for it if you need it for work? Or are you just using it for personal use? If you don't need the full wireless sync and remote wipe/security capabilities (which to be fair you don't really unless you have a business need for it) then £35 a month plus VAT is a lot to pay just to get your calendar and contacts to sync wirelessly too.

To answer your other question, it doesn't appear that Orange logs the data I use on BES unless I'm roaming.

gorillag 08-26-2008 04:33 PM

No unfortunately not as I am not senior enough yet so trying t find a solution as I was using google calendar by forwarding on meeting invites to that and syncing wirelessly. Unfortunately I can accept meeting invites on my blackberry bu it automaticlly sends an acceptance back to the meeting organizer which I don't want to do and then it doesnt actually update the gogle calendar. Oh well back to the drawing board.

cheers

hegedusa 08-27-2008 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cde3879 (Post 1074430)
Yep, you can - speak to the BlackBerry technical team on 328 (if memory serves correctly) and they'll be able to provision it for you. They will try to charge you £35 plus VAT per month for BES but if you moan loudly enough you might be lucky enough to get it for free, depending on your monthly spend and contract position.

I have both on my Orange UK bold.

I don't understand... I am on Orange, I pay for BIS (to get my personal mail). I pay a third party company (servelogic) for hosted blackberry services so that I can have shared calendar and shared contacts updated "live" OTA. So at what point would Orange want to charge me for BES, and what would that give me, or do I already have it as the OTA stuff works (I don't pay £35 a month!)?

classact 08-28-2008 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hegedusa (Post 1077156)
I don't understand... I am on Orange, I pay for BIS (to get my personal mail). I pay a third party company (servelogic) for hosted blackberry services so that I can have shared calendar and shared contacts updated "live" OTA. So at what point would Orange want to charge me for BES, and what would that give me, or do I already have it as the OTA stuff works (I don't pay £35 a month!)?

If you are getting two way sync of emails, calender and contact sync OTA you must have enterprise enabled on the head at Orange without the £35p/m charge. I'd keep quiet about it. I'm doing the same. :)

cde3879 08-28-2008 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classact (Post 1078730)
If you are getting two way sync of emails, calender and contact sync OTA you must have enterprise enabled on the head at Orange without the £35p/m charge. I'd keep quiet about it. I'm doing the same. :)

Oh good glad I'm not the only person taking advantage of them not noticing then ;-)

gorillag 08-30-2008 02:23 AM

Is there anyway to see if its enabled withut signing up to a hosted BES service. I also hd an option fp BES that seems to have disappeared from my phone now. Where is i normally?

cde3879 08-30-2008 03:07 AM

It's normally in options/advanced options/enterprise activation.

There's no real hard and fast rule to knowing if you've got BES active until you try and activate it - to my knowledge.

gorillag 08-30-2008 03:51 AM

Ok yes that option has disappeard now. Is there anyway to get it back or does it only appear if you have BES enabled?