BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 8900 Series Discussion - Javelin (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Unable to connect to provisioning server - vodafone (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=204542)

rknevitt 09-17-2009 01:31 PM

Unable to connect to provisioning server - vodafone

HI THere,

I have had a 8900 curve through vodafone for about a week now. Everything has been working perfectly until i try to get it working for email.

I finished setting up my BPS last night, with a single user licence, running 4.1.4.17 - on a 2003 Server R2 X86. Connected to an Exchange 2007 SP1 on 2008.

BPS opens up fine, and shows my user (stuck on initilizing - activation password set)

When i tried to run through the enterprise activation on the handset all it did was sit on Activating [email address].

So this morning i called Vodafone and asked them if my tarrif was enabled ofr BIS or BES, they said BIS, so had to pay to get it changed to BES. (and paid $$ for it.. grr)

Too cut a long story short, now when you turn the blackberry on, after its connected to GPRS, the vodafone screen pops up, and the progress bar at the bottom says "requesting" then a big black window pops up and says:

"Unable to connect to the selected provisioning server, please try again later.

If the problem persists please contact your service provider"

I have spoken to vodafone, they said it may be delayed in going through on their system, but have checked on Blackberrys network, and everything has gone through, and is enabled fine.

Service Status says:

Mobile Voice - Mobile Network
Internet service - Mobile Network
Connection Enterprise server - not connected

In the diagnostic report it says:

blaclkberry Registration - Yes
Connected to blackberry - yes
Blackberry PIN-PIN - yes

I have run the mailbox tests from the server and everything comes back as successfull.

Vodafone say they will have to send out a new handset - How likley is it that this is a handset problem?

Is there anything else i can do ?

I havent had a device connected to thios BPS install before, so cant be 100% sure that is setup correctly, but is the blackberry failing before it even gets there - as its not activated on the BPS server?

Any advice, tips would be appreciated

Cheers
rob

andyc0le 09-17-2009 07:08 PM

I had a similar problem with vodafone, and had to pay to changes from BIS to BES. Same messages, and what the problem ended up being, was they had not provisioned and opened up the port for BES - something like that. I've a hosted BES and was back and forth between that provider and VF - but in the end it was a VF issue and was resolved, eventually. not sure if this helps.

rknevitt 09-18-2009 10:27 AM

got the replacement handset this morning :) error message has gone away and now the blackbery activates on my BPS Server.

Good times.

All i can think is that something messes up with the handset once the PIN has been enabled for BIS and the swervice provider/Blackberry change it to BES.

Ho hum! happy now

Rob