BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9000 Series Discussion - Bold (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Any thoughts why this is happening? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=244954)

Smokin House 02-15-2011 08:51 AM

Any thoughts why this is happening?

Well this is a strange problem I'm having.

When I go to use the camera my phone just decides to reset itself to a red light and then when it tries to reboot it gets stuck about 2mm from the start and then resets itself again. Then the only way the phone will reboot properly is to leave the battery out for a while and then put it back in.:?

I really want to use the camera but this is bugging me that I cant.

Anyone have any ideas please?

Also the volume buttons on the phone also don't seem to work properly either.

I have cleaned the contacts but still no joy.

I have a BB9000 with v5.0.0.1036 (Bundle 1682, Platform 5.2.0.93)

Max Peck 02-15-2011 09:18 AM

Re: Any thoughts why this is happening?

I was having some trouble with the camera crashing my 9650 when using the Facebook App under OS5. After upgrading it to OS6 I haven't had the trouble. Can you upgrade your phone to OS6?

-Max

Dubdub 02-15-2011 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Max Peck (Post 1701440)
I was having some trouble with the camera crashing my 9650 when using the Facebook App under OS5. After upgrading it to OS6 I haven't had the trouble. Can you upgrade your phone to OS6?

-Max

- Max, there is no OS 6 for the 9000, and there will not be, since it cannot run it.

Dubdub 02-15-2011 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokin House (Post 1701435)
Well this is a strange problem I'm having.

When I go to use the camera my phone just decides to reset itself to a red light and then when it tries to reboot it gets stuck about 2mm from the start and then resets itself again. Then the only way the phone will reboot properly is to leave the battery out for a while and then put it back in.:?

I really want to use the camera but this is bugging me that I cant.

Anyone have any ideas please?

Also the volume buttons on the phone also don't seem to work properly either.

I have cleaned the contacts but still no joy.

I have a BB9000 with v5.0.0.1036 (Bundle 1682, Platform 5.2.0.93)

Did you get it wet or drop it recently?

Smokin House 02-15-2011 01:14 PM

No, neither :(

AlanJolin 02-15-2011 04:30 PM

Something similar to this happened to friends 9000. He said he found it was caused by a third party app?, also he was a heavy user and had loads of apps runing, loads of apps etc he wiped the device then reinstalled OS. It runs ok now.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

Smokin House 02-16-2011 01:19 AM

Its been doing it since I wiped the phone and re-installed the OS :(

aiharkness 02-16-2011 07:39 PM

This is a wild guess.... seriously, not being sarcastic .... If you have another microSD card, try it. Or reformat the card you have. Or, last resort, set the BlackBerry to save to main memory, just temporarily for a test, and remove the card. Then take a picture and see what happens.

Another thought is to first remove the media card, wipe the end with the contacts with a dust free cloth, then reinsert and make sure the card seats. Then take a test picture. If that doesn't do it, then try the steps in the first paragraph.