BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 8300 Series Discussion - Curve (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Oct 11th Release date for ATT BBC 8310 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=98112)

boobybabymommy 10-02-2007 11:59 AM

Oct 11th Release date for ATT BBC 8310

Well i just got off the phone with one of the representatives from ATT costumer service and she said she checked on her system and it says that the new 8310 wont be coming out ill Nov. the 4th (a month from now!!!)Dude my husband wants to kill me now!!!

Besides my Credit was denied with Amazon which i think is BS cus i have outstanding credit, so i called AT&T to see WHY this happened and they said that was because they needed a $200 deposit??? BS, BS, and more BS!!!!

Anyways i thought this might help.

Jen

keroppilee 10-02-2007 12:09 PM

I hope they're just mistaken. Antman84 (who works for att) gave a release date that was accurate for the 8820 (his date was 7 days later than the internal road map date). He also gave a release date of 10/4 for the 8310. Havent seen any posts from him in a while though. I guess the month delay could be to sell more 8300's but until the 4th comes and goes I'm gonna keep hoping.

EDIT: Just realized too 11/4 is a Sunday. Do they release new phones on sundays???

boobybabymommy 10-02-2007 12:41 PM

Ok so i just talk to my Son's Godmother, she is an ATT Manager here in Orlando, i had been trying to reach her for this matter for the past few days but she s been horribly busy, guess why..... well yes, the 8310 is set to be released on Thursday, Oct. the 4th but in Stores might be in a few days later.

Also it WILL BE out in Colors, the Titanium and Red as rumored, and the price range in stores will be $299, with 100 bucks rebate. leaving them for $199.99

now i have no idea when will amazon or any other carriers that might have a better price for them might have them with, i hope i could just be accepted thru Amazon. i will try with my Navy Fed account hopefully thats enough for them to accept me cus last time i tried with my amazon card.

Anyways the air has been cleared up i can sleep now i hope, or sleep till after it comes out or a week after, or well i dunno, i have been sleepless ever since i found out im getting a BB:D of course with this prices i doubt my hubby will want to get them now!!!

all i can do is hope for now.

Jen

keroppilee 10-02-2007 12:46 PM

i hope it doesnt take too long to get into stores. I dont prefer to order online for fear of being backordered and I prefer instant gratification anyways :smile:

Dawgfan 10-02-2007 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keroppilee (Post 690195)
i hope it doesnt take too long to get into stores. I dont prefer to order online for fear of being backordered and I prefer instant gratification anyways :smile:

Totally agree. Will the 8310 have a new OS? If so, anything that that really stands out as a new feature. I am having SUCH a hard time deciding whether to keep the iPhone or go back to the BB!

boobybabymommy 10-02-2007 01:27 PM

I just found out that the only reason my order was not approved was because i used my Amazon Card during checkout and of course they require $200 deposit just in case so, i guess i will be placing my 8310 order with my navy fed check card:D of course the phone wont be on amazon till the end of next week if not the end of the month so the wait will be long:S

Stinsonddog 10-02-2007 03:48 PM

OCTOBER 11TH. DID I MENTION OCTOBER 11TH? YES, IT'S OCTOBER 11TH. DID I MENTION THE DATE.

Sorry I just got happy.

boobybabymommy 10-02-2007 03:55 PM

Ok That Wasnt The Name Of The Thread How To Change It I Dunno, Who Did It, I Dunno Eather, I Said Oct 4th, Well Sorry For Caps

jimdarcy 10-02-2007 05:25 PM

i am confused, what is the release date, 10/4 or 10/11??

Dnottingham4 10-03-2007 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimdarcy (Post 690592)
i am confused, what is the release date, 10/4 or 10/11??

10/11 is the date.

jimdarcy 10-03-2007 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dnottingham4 (Post 691133)
10/11 is the date.

that stinks!

Dude 10-03-2007 06:31 AM

Wirelessly posted (**Dark Blue 8800**: BlackBerry8800/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawgfan
Quote:

Originally Posted by keroppilee (Post 690195)

Totally agree. Will the 8310 have a new OS? If so, anything that that really stands out as a new feature. I am having SUCH a hard time deciding whether to keep the iPhone or go back to the BB!

My wife got an iPhone about a week ago. I was totally blown away by the elegance, simplicity and responsiveness of the interface. It's a beautiful-beautiful toy. With that said, I'm still holding onto my 8800, and waiting to upgrade to the 8310. This way, I can have a tool for work that can do almost everything (albeit less elegantly) that an iPhone can, and I can play with the wonderful toy in the eveing and on weekends. So to summarize: get a bb for yourself and an iphone for your significant other.

P.S. If you don't have a significant other, concentrate your efforts there first.

abell 10-03-2007 08:58 AM

Updates anyone?

There has to be someone on here (besides boobybaby's grandma or husband that hates her) that has information on this.

When will these two devices (supposedly red and titanium) be available for order through AT&T? If they're going to be available tomorrow someone would know or they'd be announced by now.

Let's have some good info someone... anyone?

NCBuckeye 10-03-2007 08:59 AM

go to the rumor section and stinnsdog also said the 11th.

abell 10-03-2007 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCBuckeye (Post 691301)
go to the rumor section and stinnsdog also said the 11th.

So the supposed documents said the people that have said the 4th of OCT have been disproven by what?

Stinsonddog 10-03-2007 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boobybabymommy (Post 690427)
Ok That Wasnt The Name Of The Thread How To Change It I Dunno, Who Did It, I Dunno Eather, I Said Oct 4th, Well Sorry For Caps

I changed the thread title. I got what I consider definitive info re the 11th.

NCBuckeye 10-03-2007 11:23 AM

Even jibi that said it was the 4th and he heard from a high up source it was pushed back.

avanden 10-03-2007 12:10 PM

Oooohhh!! This is good news since I can upgrade towards the end of this month. My boyfriend offered to buy me an iPhone (he wanted to get it for me for Christmas, but my current phone is on its last legs so I need to get a new phone as soon as I'm eligible to upgrade). I told him I want a BB Curve instead, so he said ok. Saves him $100 in the process too! :smile:

tomdkat 10-03-2007 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avanden (Post 691598)
Oooohhh!! This is good news since I can upgrade towards the end of this month. My boyfriend offered to buy me an iPhone (he wanted to get it for me for Christmas, but my current phone is on its last legs so I need to get a new phone as soon as I'm eligible to upgrade). I told him I want a BB Curve instead, so he said ok. Saves him $100 in the process too! :smile:

:smile:

numetheus 10-03-2007 12:47 PM

Thank you for this information!! Can you ask your contact if it will have the new OS? If he even knows?