BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Aftermarket Software (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Simulscribe/Simulsays Beta (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=107709)

rjansen3 12-02-2007 07:00 PM

Simulscribe/Simulsays Beta

Is anyone else using this program? I have had mine set-up for about 2 weeks now, and I can't believe how well it works. Basically, I want to find out if others are using this app, and how they feel about it.

I would really like it if there was an option to hide saved messages. One other thing I noticed is that the Simulsays app doesn't (always) obey the profile rules. Meaning, sometimes when my profile is on "off" the program will still make an audible alert. I am sure these things will be fixed before the app comes out of beta.

If you've never heard of Simulscribe, check it out!

SimulScribe - www.simulscribe.com

galatians51 12-03-2007 05:27 AM

I use this app. It is awesome! I work in a really noisy environment, and phone calls are discouraged anyways. It is a great blessing to be able to just read a voicemail as an email.
I would like to add that the customer service from Simulscribe is superb. Very personable and helpful.

Knocka 12-03-2007 05:49 AM

I have been using Simulscribe for months. I have not listened to a Voicemail since I got it. I don't use Simulsays because I just have no reason to listen to the voicemails. The transcriptions, while not perfect, are good enough that I know who called and the gist of what the message is.

The other great thing about it that I am not sure everyone knows is that you can forward your office (and home, if you want) voicemails to Simulscribe at no additional cost. My phone system allows me to email the .wav file to Simulscribe.

Great service.

galatians51 12-03-2007 09:35 PM

I was wondering if you could forward your home voicemail. How do you do it?

zerog46 12-03-2007 09:40 PM

I have been using SpinVox and it works well also and it's free.

Knocka 12-04-2007 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by galatians51 (Post 762077)
I was wondering if you could forward your home voicemail. How do you do it?

I do not use it for home voice mail, just my office and cell phone. I believe for home, you need to have your phone company forward calls when there is no answer to the Simulscribe number provided to you. Check Simulscribe's web site. You should be able to find the information there.

akosnitzky 12-04-2007 05:55 AM

Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830: BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Quote:

Originally Posted by zerog46

Do you have the link?

galatians51 12-04-2007 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knocka (Post 762396)
I do not use it for home voice mail, just my office and cell phone. I believe for home, you need to have your phone company forward calls when there is no answer to the Simulscribe number provided to you. Check Simulscribe's web site. You should be able to find the information there.

Thanks. I was finally able to find it on their site.

Here is the SpinVox link, although voicemail is not free. Other services are though.
SpinVox – Voicemail

akosnitzky 12-08-2007 06:20 PM

I think Simulscribe is $30 per month. A bit steep for my needs.

galatians51 12-09-2007 08:21 AM

Following a recommendation from another thread, I switched to CallWave. It's free. One thing I like is it leaves out all of the uh-huh, bye-bye, take care, etc. that people naturally say but you don't want to read. No resident app, but all voicemail comes in email or SMS. It's also a lot faster than SimulScribe.
Mobile Visual Voicemail, voice, text and fax solutions CallWave

BobMarley 12-09-2007 10:16 AM

how is this free?

Quote:

Originally Posted by zerog46 (Post 762083)

gthompson75 12-10-2007 09:08 AM

Canada

does anyone know of a visual voicemail that works in canada on the rogers network, callwave and spinvox say they do but dont really have support for rogers and simulscribe only has USA call in numbers unless you want to pay an extra 4.99 for 1-800 and that makes it really expensive to use 34.98 a month. any ideas or companies to use.

Walt 03-22-2008 09:10 AM

Call wave is not free or I'm just not seeing it.

galatians51 03-24-2008 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walt (Post 866137)
Call wave is not free or I'm just not seeing it.

Apparently it was free only in the beta stage. Now they have formally released a new version, and it's no longer free.

roofus 03-25-2008 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gthompson75 (Post 769407)
does anyone know of a visual voicemail that works in canada on the rogers network, callwave and spinvox say they do but dont really have support for rogers and simulscribe only has USA call in numbers unless you want to pay an extra 4.99 for 1-800 and that makes it really expensive to use 34.98 a month. any ideas or companies to use.

I understand that Simulscribe works on Rogers in Canada but not on Telus or Bell because they don't support "provisional call forwarding" (Either you call forward or you don't.) Similscribe claims they have a work-around but I could never get it to work properly on Telus so I canceled after the trial period.

The transcription service itself is verry good but unless to have the "call forward when busy" or "call foward after x rings" it is not very useful.

On BlackberryCool a couple of months ago they reviewed Simulscribe on Rogers and if my memory serves me well, they gave it a thumbs up.