BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9500 Series Discussion - Storm (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Storm - First Touch event in Chicago (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=158399)

DJJeffT 11-07-2008 02:44 PM

Storm - First Touch event in Chicago

3 Attachment(s)
So I went to lunch today and walked right into this event.

They are giving away 100 Storms today for getting into one of those 'money booths' and pulling out 7 BLACK tickets. Now mind you, you get a voucher for the device as they do not have any yet, but they did have a dummy device and I got to feel the click through....weird...the whole screen clicks. It's not touch screen, but more of PUSH screen to me.

Here are some pix from the event...going on til 7p tonight.

Jeff

DawnGP143 11-07-2008 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJJeffT (Post 1161358)

They are giving away 100 Storms today for getting into one of those 'money booths' and pulling out 7 BLACK tickets. Now mind you, you get a voucher for the device as they do not have any yet, but they did have a dummy device and I got to feel the click through....weird...the whole screen clicks. It's not touch screen, but more of PUSH screen to me.

Here are some pix from the event...going on til 7p tonight.

Jeff

Well.....this begs a response. DID YOU WIN ONE?????

Jason Mark 11-07-2008 04:15 PM

Yes did you win one? Also, some of the Verizon reps have the actual device. Talk to them for a few, be nice, then ask to see the real thing. :)

stach 11-07-2008 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJJeffT (Post 1161358)

they did have a dummy device and I got to feel the click through....weird...the whole screen clicks. It's not touch screen, but more of PUSH screen to me.

Jeff

Will the working model will have that same screen or did it have that screen 'cause it was a dummy unit?
The click screen does not sound too appealing. I really thought that this would be a superior rival to the iphone.

Jason Mark 11-07-2008 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stach (Post 1161467)
Will the working model will have that same screen or did it have that screen 'cause it was a dummy unit?
The click screen does not sound too appealing. I really thought that this would be a superior rival to the iphone.

SurePress technology is what makes the device. 99% of reviewers who have used it loved the way the screen works. Others who have used it love it as well. IMHO, this is the only device on the market that can truly compete with the Iphone, and in many ways I believe it's better. G1 is next in line, but I personally prefer the Storm to the Iphone. Just make sure to go into the sore and play with it some before buying it. ;-)

DJJeffT 11-07-2008 10:42 PM

Didnt win one. Couldnt stay as the line was 50 people deep and I had to get back to work.

The screen seemed cool. It did click, but obviously i could not type on one as it was a dummy unit.

hop2000 11-09-2008 03:02 PM

I would have taken a late lunch for a chance to win a free Storm.