BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Aftermarket Software (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Updated - SocialScope Twitter Client (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=164280)

SocialScope 12-09-2008 05:21 PM

Updated - SocialScope Twitter Client

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the great response to SocialScope! Wexxx8217;ve been working hard addressing your requests and have just released a major update. To celebrate the new version we have opened up some more spots in the pre-release program. (Existing users will see an update notice next time they launch the app.)

Some of the improvements:
- Improved battery life
- AutoText support in the update field
- Support for shortcut keys in detail view (R-reply, C-compose(update), D-direct Message)
- Better native application menu behavior
- Many bug fixes

Because this is a pre-release we ask that you donxxx8217;t publicly discuss features not mentioned in this post.

Request an invite: SocialScope

Note: We only have capacity to handle a limited number of users. If you donxxx8217;t get in donxxx8217;t worry wexxx8217;ll be expanding the pre-release program over time and will email you an invite code when space opens up.

audit 12-09-2008 08:19 PM

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry)

This is the BEST Twitter software that I've ever used. Keep it coming :)

SocialScope 12-11-2008 09:43 PM

Thanks for the compliment audit! We've got a lot more coming and are incorporating everyone's requests so keep them coming.

BTW Twitter made some changes to the way 3rd parties integrate with there services that may have caused people to receive a twitter authorization request. You can ignore that and logout and back in everything should reset itself.

Cilraaz 12-17-2008 11:18 AM

I agree with audit. I just got the application, but so far it does appear to be top notch. I have been using TinyTwitter, but today I downloaded SocialScope and Twibble. Twibble is about to be uninstalled and TinyTwitter may follow shortly after.

tythoward 12-20-2008 10:43 AM

Okay, I downloaded and registered. For some reason it's taking an extremely long time to add my twitter account (I actually just checked to be sure I was using the correct user name and password), so I will try again when I get home from work. Maybe it will add it a little quicker while using wifi. But, I did add my fb and it works really well with that and I'm loving it.

Jared 12-20-2008 12:49 PM

Wow wee!!! This is a nice twitter/facebook app. Very clean and polished. My only recommendation so far is to allow what page you want the app to start up on. I would much rather have it start up so you can enter your status immediately opposed to having to choose Update Status

misterrx 12-28-2008 04:53 PM

I am loving this app. I just upgarded to the 0.91.10, although I do no see a difference.

Has anyone notice a memory leak? I seem to go from 20MB to 11MB within a 5 or 6 hour period. The memory loss is much less if I log out of course because it is not updating every few minutes. Even logged out it appears in my running programs in the background using alt-escape. I have no other program in the background other than the usual Message, BB Messenger, Call Log, Home screen, browser.

lamonicaj 01-08-2009 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SocialScope (Post 1202907)
Hey everyone,

Thanks for the great response to SocialScope! We’ve been working hard addressing your requests and have just released a major update. To celebrate the new version we have opened up some more spots in the pre-release program. (Existing users will see an update notice next time they launch the app.)

Some of the improvements:
- Improved battery life
- AutoText support in the update field
- Support for shortcut keys in detail view (R-reply, C-compose(update), D-direct Message)
- Better native application menu behavior
- Many bug fixes

Because this is a pre-release we ask that you don’t publicly discuss features not mentioned in this post.

Request an invite: SocialScope

Note: We only have capacity to handle a limited number of users. If you don’t get in don’t worry we’ll be expanding the pre-release program over time and will email you an invite code when space opens up.

One problem or difference that I noticed immediately was on Twitterberry when you hit the menu key, you have the option to view both public and friends timeline. Am I missing something on SocialScope? All I can do is update my status....I can't even follow new people :cry:

Nice concept, maybe they will start doing myspace....but its important to be able to view public timelines and follow new people is important!!

SocialScope 01-08-2009 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamonicaj (Post 1238467)
One problem or difference that I noticed immediately was on Twitterberry when you hit the menu key, you have the option to view both public and friends timeline. Am I missing something on SocialScope? All I can do is update my status....I can't even follow new people :cry:

Nice concept, maybe they will start doing myspace....but its important to be able to view public timelines and follow new people is important!!

You should be able to see timelines in SocialScope can you please email us at [email address] so we can debug the issue.

penk 01-08-2009 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SocialScope (Post 1238520)
You should be able to see timelines in SocialScope can you please email us at [email address] so we can debug the issue.

i believe lamonicaj can see the main friends timeline, but is instead referring to a Menu option within TwitterBerry to choose the Public Timeline or (back to) the Friends Timeline.

my thoughts: we can get to the Public Timeline via the 'berry web browser, there's no urgent need to spend app space for this.

(please keep SocialScope a streamlined Twitter viewer, and not a cumbersome, all-inclusive replacement agent)

nm1k0 01-09-2009 09:04 PM

Wirelessly posted

I'm really excited to try this out. Just waiting on the link to download it.

Sparkomatic 01-10-2009 12:03 AM

I got a congratulation email so I'm keeping an eye out for the link as well. Can't wait to try it out!

JSanders 01-10-2009 12:11 AM

You'll find some free invites here...

Exclusive SocialScope Alpha invites are here | BlackBerryNews.com

Stride 01-10-2009 05:40 PM

this looks like a great app, but does it work over wifi only? because I have no data plan :(

Im looking for an application that works with facebook over wifi...

koleary19067 01-10-2009 05:48 PM

i cant get it to connect to twitter

penk 01-10-2009 10:57 PM

Wirelessly posted (penkberry)

everybody who's "in" should log out, wait a few minutes and go back in. you should be prompted for an update.

this may seem like a no-brainer, but be sure to Follow @SocialScope to get the latest info and update notices!

davidliew 07-06-2009 02:28 AM

I am getting old now

I think i have sign up for 3-4 times now, wait until today also no invite yet...hai...maybe wait until i am 100 years old when my hand is sharking also won't get one...:cry:

daphne 07-06-2009 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidliew (Post 1421664)
I think i have sign up for 3-4 times now, wait until today also no invite yet...hai...maybe wait until i am 100 years old when my hand is sharking also won't get one...:cry:

Did you notice this thread was originally posted 7 months ago?

akosnitzky 07-06-2009 11:34 AM

Wirelessly posted (Its All About the U!)

Maybe this thread can be merged with the more ctive thread

PaulMdx 07-06-2009 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daphne (Post 1421671)
Did you notice this thread was originally posted 7 months ago?

Hey, at least he searched. ;-)