BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Aftermarket Software (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Facebook Oddities - Sep 15, 2009 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=204335)

ifonline 09-15-2009 07:58 PM

Facebook Oddities - Sep 15, 2009

Facebook 1.6 has just (as of about ten minutes ago) starting acting really odd. At first I thought it was just my BlackBerry, but my girlfriend just noticed hers behaving the same way.

First, comments are randomly being sent to the phone (seems to be skipping every other one for some reason) and the chime I have setup isn't going off (although the FB app gets the red star on it). Second, when I try and read the comment, I get a menu that gives me the option to open the comment. When I select this, nothing happens.

Prior to this odd behavior, the chime would work for new Facebook notifications, and I could just click on a notification within the application to read it. I have checked all of my settings and nothing is wrong with those.

I logged out of FB mobile and logged back in. It took longer than normal, and then I got a message that said there is a problem communicating with Facebook. Strangely enough, I get back into the app after acknowledging the message, but everything is all wonky.

No idea what happened, but otherwise my phone (and my girlfriend's phone) is working just fine. Obviously there is an issue, and it seems to be on the Facebook side, but I'm just curious if anyone else has seen this behavior in the past thirty minutes or so?

dankarlinski 09-15-2009 11:46 PM

Wirelessly posted (White and Nerdy)

This happens all the time. Its called upgrades. Itunes does this all the time

John Clark 09-15-2009 11:59 PM

I still use FB 1.5. 1.6 gave me too many issues.

ifonline 09-16-2009 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dankarlinski (Post 1472142)
Wirelessly posted (White and Nerdy)

This happens all the time. Its called upgrades. Itunes does this all the time

What on earth are you talking about?

ifonline 09-16-2009 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Clark (Post 1472145)
I still use FB 1.5. 1.6 gave me too many issues.

Wasn't having an problems with 1.6 for a few months now, right up until last night. Very strange.

juwaack68 09-16-2009 07:03 AM

I started having the same issues as you last night, ifonline. I am using 1.6 and wasn't having any issues until last night.

Last night I would receive a FB notification in my Messages app, click on it, and it would not open. Didn't matter if I clicked on it with the trackball or enter key. It would, however, mark the message as 'read'.

I did the same as you - logged out of the FB application, logged back in, etc. I even did a battery pull.

I think it's working normally again today, but have only received 1 notification, so can't be sure.....

juwaack68 09-16-2009 07:56 AM

Just got a FB notification and cannot open it - either via the Messages app or the FB Nofications screen. I click on it, or click Menu -> Open and nothing happens.

This is very irritating....

ifonline 09-16-2009 08:45 AM

Yep... that's definitely what I'm experiencing as well. What's strange is that I don't get the notification sound, but I do get the notification icon. Like you, no matter what I do, I can not open the message that is sent.

Are you getting the notification sounds that you have set in your profile?

juwaack68 09-16-2009 09:27 AM

I am 99% sure I am not getting the Facebook notification sound.... but I've had some issues with my Curve (what a piece of junk :razz: ) where my sounds will all stop working (and a battery pull will fix).

EDIT: Just received a FB notification while I was typing this and my device didn't make a sound.

ifonline 09-16-2009 09:40 AM

Well, at least we're in the same boat. Sounds like Facebook developers (referring to the website) have mucked something up again.

Oh, and I guess this means I should start a "My Bold Is A Piece Of Junk" thread, huh?

notlownf 09-16-2009 10:24 AM

Mine is doing the same thing on my Storm.

ifonline 09-16-2009 10:26 AM

Welcome to the boat, then.

MidnightDraven 09-16-2009 10:28 AM

Not had any notification problems.
But a couple of days ago it would refuse to update the streams.
Or refuse to fully load a comment from a notification.

This started working again on wi-fi last night.

As a side note to this, a Vista Sidebar gadget I have for facebook (built by buildagadget.com) is skipping every other FB news feed post.

Perhaps its a FB problem and not a FB app/Blackberry problem.

ifonline 09-16-2009 10:29 AM

Yeah, I'm leaning towards a Facebook issue, not a Blackberry/application issue.

b52junebug 09-16-2009 10:45 AM

Yeah mine is giving the error communicating message and I have the 8900. So I believe it is a facebook thing.

pinkberry_8100 09-16-2009 10:49 AM

my blackberry is doing the same thing plus when i try to access certain notifications a message comes up sayin uncaught exception error null..any idea what thats about?

ifonline 09-16-2009 11:10 AM

Nope.

jsconyers 09-16-2009 11:14 AM

Same issues here. Just experienced it myself.

juwaack68 09-16-2009 11:17 AM

The boat is getting bigger. Does everyone have a life jacket?

ifonline 09-16-2009 11:19 AM

Damn... yeah, we need a bigger boat.