BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9000 Series Discussion - Bold (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   To upgrade to 9700 or to Ditch Blackberry for Android that is the Question. (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=208545)

51ftyon3 10-27-2009 01:37 AM

To upgrade to 9700 or to Ditch Blackberry for Android that is the Question.

I had an Iphone before I got my blackberry I have to say I really enjoyed my iphone there were a lot of things that I didn't like about it but I really did like it a lot.

I am one of the people who really liked the touchscreen keyboard However, I did get kinda bored with it and I always wanted a BB so I bought about a month ago a BBBold 9000, now I am upset with myself because the new 9700 is coming out and i'm stuck with a new, old model, not that it's at all bad I really like it but you know what I mean.

Also, with all this Android / Droid talk I am getting really excited about Android and I'm starting to think about jumping ship again. I love my blackberry a lot, but many things like the lack of flash support very few free useful apps. with Iphone there were a million apps for every paid app and the paid apps were cheap! 99 cents a dollar 5 at most, but BB Apps are super expensive I had to shell out a stack of cash just to get Skype barely working.
Not to mention the fact that the official BBApp store is not available in my country.

Anyhow, sorry to gripe I am overall very happy with the device, just not sure what I should do next.

Suggestions?

Thanks

[email address]

CoDudette 10-27-2009 06:40 AM

wow.

you are just a tad bit confused aren't you?

shouldn't this be a rant?

poolbizz 10-28-2009 02:25 PM

wa wa wa

Shaolin 10-28-2009 05:21 PM

From the sounds of it you kind of already made up your mind because it doesn't look like the BB will give you what you want/need. Maybe you should look for an Iphone vs. Android post and make a decision based on that.

Meyefull 10-29-2009 10:30 PM

Hey OP, im kind of in the same position. Went from an Iphone 3G last year,then to a bold earlier this year, but I recently tried the HTC dream(android) for a weekend. Absoloutely love it. Was thinking of sellling my bold and picking up one of those, but it felt like too much of a downgrade to go from a bold to such a flimsey device. Love the android platform though. Might be picking up the 9700 but there are some beautiful android devices set to hit so...

MaxPayne79 10-30-2009 02:56 AM

ya honestly u don't sound like a BB person. Id forget about updating to the 9700 cause it'll be almost the same thing for u as the bold, just prettier and faster. if ur really into apps then go back to the iphone but to me u sound like a guy who loves to try new things so i suggest to you that u should check out the android. Even though i used it and wasn't very impressed with it, i have to admit MOTOs Droid looks mighty irie and very different from the one i used, so maybe u may wanna pick that up just check it out, u know. Also when it comes to the BB, official flash support is coming from Adobe sometime in November of this year.

:)