BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9800 Series Discussion - Torch (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Privacy Screen Protector = No Touch screen.. (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=247059)

Alex BB 8900 04-03-2011 03:07 PM

Privacy Screen Protector = No Touch screen..

Just Got a Privacy screen protector now my touch screen don't work ... Is it that the screen protector is too thick ???? Is there any one with a screen protector thats working fine ???

davemack 04-03-2011 04:49 PM

Re: Privacy Screen Protector = No Touch screen..

I got a screen protector at the AT&T store. It seems thick and is suppose to be "finger-print proof". Seems to work well.

dragonryder 04-03-2011 05:12 PM

What davemack said. I was just using it today with no problems (not his of course). Try a battery pull.

With the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot. A reboot in this manner is prescribed for most gltiches and operating system errors, and you will lose no data on the device doing this. (btw, instead of battery pull if you press and hold alt+right caps lock key+del and wait for the red indicator light to come on, you can hard reset the phone.. that worked for me)

iphonenowtorch 04-03-2011 07:43 PM

Mine works fine

Alex BB 8900 04-03-2011 11:26 PM

No its not a phone issue because once i remove the screen protector the touch screen works fine... but once i put it back on the phone it barely works. I would have to press hard or keep tapping till it works.

wjereb 04-05-2011 08:16 AM

I use the Zagg screen protector and it works well.

Bill J

dragonryder 04-05-2011 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex BB 8900 (Post 1712195)
No its not a phone issue because once i remove the screen protector the touch screen works fine... but once i put it back on the phone it barely works. I would have to press hard or keep tapping till it works.

Where did you get the screen protector?
:idea:I had the AT&T corporate store put mine on and there have been no response issues.

Jarrod623 04-07-2011 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex BB 8900 (Post 1712195)

Its still a phone issue. Your phone touch screen is supposed to be strong enough to go through the screen protector, yet when a protector is on your touch processes are weakened. This is something wrong with the phone. Zagg is the thickest Screen Protector I know of, and my torch works the same with or without it. Yours should do the same!

Alex BB 8900 04-07-2011 12:47 PM

Its ok now I went to the AT&T store the one I got there works fine ....

dragonryder 04-08-2011 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex BB 8900 (Post 1713045)
Its ok now I went to the AT&T store the one I got there works fine ....

That's great news. Glad you got it working again.

bishtmoris 04-29-2011 01:10 AM

I need a stylish and protection for our itouch diamond. Actually i bought new itouch diamond and need some protection as well as stylish also.