BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BES Admin Corner (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   BES 5.0.3 login error administration service (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=255095)

NoFate 11-03-2011 12:46 AM

BES 5.0.3 login error administration service

Hello,
today i needed to a a new blackberry device in our exchange express 5.0.3 server, but i couldnt login anymore with the besadmin account, the webservice told me the login/domain info is incorrect

i tried login locally on the server with that account, that still worked

here is the debug log, any1 seen that error ?

thnx a lot

javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: _performLogin LOGIN ERROR: login returned exception (invalid authentication) com.rim.bes.bas.pluginmanager.InvalidAuthenticatio nException: Message: 'LOGIN ERROR: loginLocal failed to find userConfig from email attributes for user -1 com.rim.bes.basplugin.activedirectory.CouldNotFind ActiveUserConfigException: findUserConfigIdFromUserAttributesLocalcould not find user from mailbox info mailboxDN=/o=First Organization/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=BESadmin', nested exception: 'findUserConfigIdFromUserAttributesLocalcould not find user from mailbox info mailboxDN=/o=First Organization/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=BESadmin'

nobody7290 11-03-2011 03:40 AM

Re: BES 5.0.3 login error administration service

is it possible, that your besadmin account is hidden in the GAL? if yes, unhide it.

When you are logged in on the server as the besadmin,
go in to the controlpanel, open the blackberry server configuration,
under the tab "blackberry Server", click edit mapi profile.
again enter the exchange server name and the besadmin username.
click verify.

what happens ?

NoFate 11-03-2011 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nobody7290 (Post 1753508)
is it possible, that your besadmin account is hidden in the GAL? if yes, unhide it.

When you are logged in on the server as the besadmin,
go in to the controlpanel, open the blackberry server configuration,
under the tab "blackberry Server", click edit mapi profile.
again enter the exchange server name and the besadmin username.
click verify.

what happens ?

helllo,

thanx for replying, the account is not hidden , in my exchange 2007 : hide from Exchange Address Lists , is not checked

also reentered the servername and user account in mapi profile, pressed the check name button, all good there...

nobody7290 11-03-2011 01:01 PM

Did you reboot the server where the BES is running ?
If you go to some pc on your network. Are you able to log as besadmin and setup an outlook profile for the besadmin mailbox ?

I never have seen this error.

I would next try to backup the database, and then, manually change to login of the besadmin to local.
see here:
http://www.blackberryforums.com/bes-...ml#post1701507

But maybe someone else has a better idea ?

NoFate 11-03-2011 02:05 PM

i was able to logon using the local admin user, now how can i check what is going wrong with the AD user?

thnx

nobody7290 11-03-2011 06:32 PM

If all users on you BES are able to receive and send mail and PIM sync is working ok, its unlikely that something is wrong in AD, must be special for th besadmin user.

If you have a mixed environment of Exchange 2007 and 2003, the besadmin mailbox should be on the 2007 server (and, it must have a real mailbox).

restart the domain controller(s), restart the Exchange server, restart the BES server.

If this does not help, you could try to change the besadmin account to a new one, and see, if this makes a difference:
KB04293-How to Switch BlackBerry Enterprise Server Service Accounts

NoFate 11-04-2011 12:00 AM

its working now with logging in with the local account and creating ad administrators

thnx for the help

Goddess 11-23-2011 10:38 AM

You can two things when you get this error - re-enter the BesAdmin & PW id in the BAS server -start, programs, Blackberry Enterprise service, Blackberry Server configuration, Administration Service tab & re-enter the BesAdmin ID, domain & PW - Apply, OK. You may need to restart server.
The other option is more severe.
Search the BB Database for a double ID entry in SQL console. Tech from RIM discovered and created the script to remove the second entry. Logging had to be set to the highest level, and the logs filled up the drives in about a day. I would suspect anyone with a knowledge of SQL would be able to search and create a script to repair this - you just need to know what you are looking for.

NoFate 11-23-2011 10:47 AM

thnx fixed : )