BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9900 Series Discussion - Bold Touch (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Bold intermittent freeze, blank screen (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=255713)

ClifforddeNg 11-24-2011 01:14 AM

Bold intermittent freeze, blank screen

Hello, for a week now, I am experiencing very frequent freezing of the Bold. The screen is completely black, although the trackpad lights up.

If I press on Make Call, it will make the call most probably the last dialled number, but nothing on the screen. Ditto, if someone calls in, I can receive the call. Sometimes, it freezes differently, as if the screen display rate is not synching correctly.

Pulling out the battery and back in does no longer help, the reboot process does start but the screen is still blank, although it is being rebooted.

After 20 minutes or so, I might, yes I might, see the home screen if I'm lucky. Could it be the screen ?

I thought upgrading to new 540 would help. But same problem, if not worse.

Any ideas?

Clifford

GivingUpOnBB 01-28-2012 04:14 AM

Re: Bold intermittent freeze, blank screen

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClifforddeNg (Post 1756552)
Hello, for a week now, I am experiencing very frequent freezing of the Bold. The screen is completely black, although the trackpad lights up.

If I press on Make Call, it will make the call most probably the last dialled number, but nothing on the screen. Ditto, if someone calls in, I can receive the call. Sometimes, it freezes differently, as if the screen display rate is not synching correctly.

Pulling out the battery and back in does no longer help, the reboot process does start but the screen is still blank, although it is being rebooted.

After 20 minutes or so, I might, yes I might, see the home screen if I'm lucky. Could it be the screen ?

I thought upgrading to new 540 would help. But same problem, if not worse.

Any ideas?

Clifford

It was extremely difficult to find avreference to this problem. I have the same problem currently. I thought it started when I downloaded a QR barcode reader. I deleted all 3rd party apps, erased all my data, reloaded OS. Problem still un-resolved!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Seriously considering jumping ship!

Thanks

stevew 01-28-2012 08:37 AM

Jump! Jump, Jump, Jump!!! And don't slam the door on your way out please...

mayfox 01-28-2012 09:49 AM

try uppgrading to new OS version or do a factory reset. if still not solved, then it is a hardware problem.

scphanse 01-31-2012 02:24 AM

I have a similar problem which is as follows:
My BB9900 bold goes blank intermittently (maybe once in 3-4 days). Wherein which it's as if the phone has been switched off. If I try to restart using the power button (the call cut button) it just does not start up. To get it restarted I need to open up the phone, pull out the battery and reinstall it and then use the power on button.
Can anybody please help me with this issue