BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General BlackBerry Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Broken BlackBerry Bold (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=263362)

TedCymzckyzni 01-29-2013 10:59 AM

Broken BlackBerry Bold

My BlackBerry Bold has broken unexpectedly, and I plan to send it off for repair, but Vodafone has told me that when they fix it, all data will be wiped that isn't saved on my memory card or sim card. I've removed my memory card, and I'd like to know if these following things are saved on the memory card, so I'll be able to keep them...

1. Photos taken on the phone's camera.
2. The notes I have made on the phone. Some of them are actually quite important for me.
3. And the music I have put on my phone.

Thank you for your help. If ALL three of these things aren't saved on the memory card, I don't know what to do. As I desperately need all of them. :cry:

dc/dc 01-29-2013 11:25 AM

Re: Broken BlackBerry Bold

Does the device power on at all?

djm2 01-29-2013 11:44 AM

Try taking the card out and reading it on a computer. Much of that data could be on the card, but it also could be in the main device memory. The best way to determine that is to check it out. DC/DC gave you one lead for doing this. If the device won't turn on using a computer to read the card is another approach.

TedCymzckyzni 01-29-2013 12:25 PM

The device doesn't turn on unfortunately. There isn't a slot in my laptop that reads my memory card, but I could try and find a reader somewhere. Surely someone must know where notes/music/pictures are saved though? I haven't changed where they are or anything, it's all default. If I know what's saved on the card, I won't have to fork out of a reader. Being a student is tough on the wallet!

dc/dc 01-29-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TedCymzckyzni (Post 1797971)
The device doesn't turn on unfortunately. There isn't a slot in my laptop that reads my memory card, but I could try and find a reader somewhere. Surely someone must know where notes/music/pictures are saved though? I haven't changed where they are or anything, it's all default. If I know what's saved on the card, I won't have to fork out of a reader. Being a student is tough on the wallet!

Pictures and music should be on the card, notes are on the device. I hope you backed up to Desktop Manager recently.

TedCymzckyzni 01-29-2013 01:35 PM

Thank you for your help, but I don't think I've ever backed it up. :( Is there a way I could get my phone repaired without it wiping everything?

dc/dc 01-29-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TedCymzckyzni (Post 1797973)
Thank you for your help, but I don't think I've ever backed it up. :( Is there a way I could get my phone repaired without it wiping everything?

No. If the device does not power on, you are, unfortunately, out of luck.