BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 8100 Series Discussion - Pearl (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   OMG! Voice Dialing is Awesome! (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=52514)

XyKo 10-28-2006 11:52 PM

OMG! Voice Dialing is Awesome!

Ever since I got the Pearl, I haven't look into the voice dialing. I assume you have to program people names, etc. But earlier today, my girl was using my phone and asking about the voice dialing button on the side. She press it and said, "Call ******", and it actually DIAL!! I was amazed and did it to a few names.

Guess I'll be using this feature quite often instead of going into the phonebook.

absolved 10-29-2006 12:02 AM

Yah..my friend would say weird stuff but you can actually say like, "battery" and it'll tell you what your battery status is, sorta...

secrecyguy 10-29-2006 01:09 AM

I agree. I love the voice commands! :)

flash24 10-29-2006 04:23 AM

yay!!!

mindblender 10-29-2006 06:14 AM

How does it work with multiple numbers for a contact, such as home, work, cell, etc?

I haven't read the manual yet :oops:

shambasha 10-29-2006 09:36 AM

XyKo.
"If we're all God's children, what's so special about Jesus?"
i find your signature to be very rude and offensive to a lot of people. This is a technical board and not a religious board. if you have issues with Christianity or you want to promote your beliefs then DO IT somewhere ELSE and not at the BOARD.there is no room for this nonsense here.

MOD, please advise.

dstro 10-29-2006 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mindblender
How does it work with multiple numbers for a contact, such as home, work, cell, etc?

I haven't read the manual yet :oops:

When you say a name and there are multiple numbers for the contact, it will prompt you for which number to dial.

Works pretty well!

XyKo 10-29-2006 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shambasha
XyKo.
"If we're all God's children, what's so special about Jesus?"
i find your signature to be very rude and offensive to a lot of people. This is a technical board and not a religious board. if you have issues with Christianity or you want to promote your beliefs then DO IT somewhere ELSE and not at the BOARD.there is no room for this nonsense here.

MOD, please advise.

It's only a signatur. Guess you don't watch the comedy channel that much eh? It was qoute from Jimmy Carr.

MythmbHurts 10-29-2006 12:20 PM

If the SIG bothers you don't look at it. This is America and we can type what we feel. This was a skit from Saturday night live. Not his/her personal opinion so sorry to burst you Christian bubble. You have a problem with go complian some place else. This site is about blackberrys not religous opinion to your self.

phungy 10-29-2006 12:30 PM

Yep. There is nothing wrong with his sig. I happen to agree with it.

bryanpittman 10-29-2006 01:56 PM

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry pearl: BlackBerry8100/4.2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Voice dialing also works well if you use this format: CALL - PERSON. - MOBILE. All in one sentance.

RealShakaZulu 10-29-2006 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XyKo
Ever since I got the Pearl, I haven't look into the voice dialing. I assume you have to program people names, etc. But earlier today, my girl was using my phone and asking about the voice dialing button on the side. She press it and said, "Call ******", and it actually DIAL!! I was amazed and did it to a few names.

Guess I'll be using this feature quite often instead of going into the phonebook.

Is this a Pearl only feature?

phungy 10-29-2006 02:55 PM

Yep.

MythmbHurts 10-29-2006 02:56 PM

Yes this is a pearl only feature at this point when they come out with 4.2 on the 8700 BB's im sure you can download the application from the company that makes it and it will run then.

ChumsGum 10-29-2006 03:00 PM

wow. i never tried voice dialing because i assumed i'd have to set it up and record names. i just tried it and it works great. an amazing feature.

phungy 10-29-2006 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by absolved
Yah..my friend would say weird stuff but you can actually say like, "battery" and it'll tell you what your battery status is, sorta...

I did not know that! Sweet!

markhutchison 10-29-2006 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MythmbHurts
Yes this is a pearl only feature at this point when they come out with 4.2 on the 8700 BB's im sure you can download the application from the company that makes it and it will run then.

Everything I've read regarding OS 4.2 on the 87xx suggests that voicedial will not be included.

absolved 10-29-2006 04:37 PM

Oh man I was about to fume for a second..but MyThhmbHurts and Phungy you guys are awesome.

MythmbHurts 10-29-2006 04:49 PM

Its not inculded with the 4.2 for 8700 you have to buy the program and then install the application but it works with the 4.2 OS... Hope that clears that up for you

I never said it was included if you would like to quote me on it. I said its a 4.2 OS application only program. That once the 8700 starts running 4.2 you could download and install the app then at a price ofcourse..

itmediaco 10-29-2006 05:12 PM

Are there any other commands besides battery and calling?