BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 8100 Series Discussion - Pearl (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   "Level 1 Messages" (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=55143)

hurstnicholas 11-21-2006 08:21 AM

"Level 1 Messages"

What are they please? I see refs to them in my profile set-up but have not got a clue what the phrase means!
Might have helped had CarPhoneWarehouse responded to any of my FIVE requests for a replacement to the Blackberry Manual that was missing from the box they sold me!

juwaack68 11-21-2006 09:04 AM

A Level 1 Message is any message that meets the criteria you set to be Level 1. For example, I can create a Filter that sets any message with 'High' priority to be Level 1. I then go into my Profiles and set the Level 1 messages to have different notification than regular messages.

krad 11-21-2006 12:59 PM

i personally have level 1 messages reserved strictly for my boss and my daemons.... They level 1 messages come up in red text on the blackberry and it is very easy to distinguish the message... as well as being able to set a different noise.. like an air raid noise or something of urgency.

I got the noise of the alarm noise from the show lost!!! the noise that means they input the numbers into the computer.....

get it....

koleary19067 11-21-2006 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krad
i personally have level 1 messages reserved strictly for my boss and my daemons.... They level 1 messages come up in red text on the blackberry and it is very easy to distinguish the message... as well as being able to set a different noise.. like an air raid noise or something of urgency.

I got the noise of the alarm noise from the show lost!!! the noise that means they input the numbers into the computer.....

get it....

How did you get it to come up red? I never really used this fuction but I might now.

markhutchison 11-21-2006 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juwaack68
A Level 1 Message is any message that meets the criteria you set to be Level 1. For example, I can create a Filter that sets any message with 'High' priority to be Level 1. I then go into my Profiles and set the Level 1 messages to have different notification than regular messages.

Just an addendum to the above comment: configuring filters to define what messages will be flagged as "Level 1" is done from within the BIS Website or on your BES.

Spamdumpster 11-21-2006 02:14 PM

I set my gmail to be Level 1 so as to allow a different notifier from my work email.

lraed74 11-21-2006 02:39 PM

I just tried this. It didnt come over red but the text was bold. Does it matter what model of BB you have or could it be theme related? - 7250/verizon here.

lraed74 11-21-2006 02:43 PM

I changed to the default theme, it still was in bold for level 1 but not in red.

cloud909 11-21-2006 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krad

get it....

Sweet! Where would I get said noise? :)

krad 11-21-2006 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lraed74
I just tried this. It didnt come over red but the text was bold. Does it matter what model of BB you have or could it be theme related? - 7250/verizon here.

i am using the phantom theme....

however i have used other themes and the messages are red...

Not sure how i did it... the messages were always red when i got the pearl.

I have my bes filter for certain email messages to become level 1... that is it... always red.

krad 11-21-2006 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloud909
Sweet! Where would I get said noise? :)

the countless lost fan sites...

fixepah 11-28-2006 01:34 PM

How do I get my text messages to appear in a different location than my regular emails?

gfisher99 11-28-2006 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lraed74

Currently, only the 8100 (and possibly any device running 4.2 OS) makes level 1 messages red in color. You cannot change the color.

fixepah 11-28-2006 01:50 PM

Is there anyway to separate the text messages from the email messages? Right now, they are all lumped in my "Messages" folder. I would like a separate "Text Messages" folder...

yoyoyo 11-28-2006 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markhutchison
Just an addendum to the above comment: configuring filters to define what messages will be flagged as "Level 1" is done from within the BIS Website or on your BES.

where exactly is the BIS website?? i'd like to set this up... thanks

John Clark 11-28-2006 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoyoyo
where exactly is the BIS website?? i'd like to set this up... thanks

What service provider do you have?

yoyoyo 11-29-2006 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Clark
What service provider do you have?

t-mobile with the 19.99 bb plan... do i do this thru tmobiles site?

John Clark 11-29-2006 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoyoyo
t-mobile with the 19.99 bb plan... do i do this thru tmobiles site?

Yes. It's in www.mytmobile.com. Once logged in they you can go to the setup internet email link, and you can set filters to specify what messages come to the BB as level 1.

yoyoyo 11-29-2006 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Clark
Yes. It's in www.mytmobile.com. Once logged in they you can go to the setup internet email link, and you can set filters to specify what messages come to the BB as level 1.

Great.. I do have a tmo.blackberry.net e-mail account setup, so maybe I just need to play with the filters, thanks John.

Mandizzle 11-29-2006 11:45 AM

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8100/4.2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107)

Where do I go to change what shows up as level 1. I'm on Rogers. It currently shows my PIN messages in red in my mailbox.

I want it to show emails from a specific person.