BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 8100 Series Discussion - Pearl (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Saving Call Logs (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=59560)

beninark 12-29-2006 03:34 AM

Saving Call Logs

Let me first start off by saying I am a new user to the blackberry experience and am really enjoying my self...have come to wonder how I could do with out it already...sadly.

I have searched around on the forums and could not find an answer so here is my question.
I have found my self looking back through the call logs trying to find a person that has called me on a certain date or time. I realize the time seems to disappear after a couple of days but I am wondering is there a way to have my call logs saved for future reference? I.E. this number called on this date and here is easy access to it.

I realize this issue is rather minor so if no one knows a solution then it isn't that big of a deal.

When I got the phone at first I thought the 8100 was just a decent phone packaged with something that can do e-mails and internet. I have to admit that the phone has begun to stand in it own right as a great phone...especially since I finally found the view history option in the call logs.

Also so I don't have to waste a second thread...is it possible to load a word or excel file on to the 8100 where it is then viewable?
Again another non-issue I suppose but it would be nice to have the option to go over some word documents on the run with out having to carry a stack of papers.

John Clark 12-29-2006 11:26 AM

1.) Phone Logs--All phone logs are available in the Message list. Go to Messages >View Folder >Phone Call Logs (in the message list alt+p works too.) It's a good idea to clean these out once in a while as there gets to be a lot of them. To do this highlight a date and click delete prior.

2.) Word/Excel Files--Yes and No. Yes you can load the word or excel file but it's not viewable. It has to be attached to an email in order to view it. I believe it's attachable to outgoing mails but I've not tried that myself, just read it somewhere.

beninark 12-29-2006 05:16 PM

I was more wanting to know if it is possible to save call logs onto the computer...

That is odd that you cant just put a word doc on the media card and read it but oh well.

mckinneycm 12-29-2006 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beninark
That is odd that you cant just put a word doc on the media card and read it but oh well.

You can, but you have to have a third party viewer like eWord. You can get it from handango.

beninark 12-29-2006 10:58 PM

ah ok thanks...I'll definitely go check into that, anyone have any idea on saving call logs to a computer?

John Clark 12-30-2006 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beninark
ah ok thanks...I'll definitely go check into that, anyone have any idea on saving call logs to a computer?

Great idea! ....until you see the price! I demo'd it a year or two ago and wasn't that impressed. Might be better now with the Pearl and a media card...don't know.