BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 8300 Series Discussion - Curve (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   finally solved the dust under the screen issue (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=97811)

dhendricks 09-30-2007 06:53 PM

finally solved the dust under the screen issue

I've read many threads on here about the issue with the Curve and dust building up on the right side of the screen. I just have to say it was driving me nuts after a few months and I finally decided to do something about it.

The video that I used to open the Curve is here: YouTube - Blackberry Curve 8300 Screen Removal & Take Apart

You don't need to take the front lens off like some other people have done, it's much easier to just take it apart from behind and take the entire front off. There are a few tricky clips you have to be very careful about, but the entire process took me less than 10 minutes and my screen is finally clear!

I didn't have the "cell phone opening tool" they describe in the video, so I used a credit card to pry the edges up. I used a microfiber cloth and some canned air to get all the dust out.

mymitsu3kgt 09-30-2007 06:59 PM

That's not exactly solving it? You merely cleaned it for it to happen again.

dhendricks 09-30-2007 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mymitsu3kgt (Post 687869)
That's not exactly solving it? You merely cleaned it for it to happen again.

Why bother replying to a post just to say something like this? Unless you know a solution to stop it permanently, why even post?

mymitsu3kgt 09-30-2007 07:27 PM

That was an ambiguous title. I was fooled into reading the thread.

Brent1202 09-30-2007 07:30 PM

you however said you solved the dust issue, you are wrong. you solved nothing. all you did was clean it. why bash others when you miss lead with the title of your thread.

bluejae 10-05-2007 12:05 PM

i came in here expecting to see it say "i exchanged the phone"

oh well

quizkid 10-05-2007 12:34 PM

At least this thread was posted to the correct forum.

GT5L 10-05-2007 12:58 PM

great, thanks for the tip about not having to take the front off

hmong 10-05-2007 01:06 PM

Same here... was hoping to see a solution that will do it once and for all, but appreciate the cleaning method. Will try that now.

Lowrider 10-06-2007 05:54 AM

You can't plz MANY people anymore, Thx a lot!

ezrunner 10-06-2007 06:33 AM

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Perhaps the OP used a wrong title but no need to come down on him! A thanks for the tip and maybe a statement saying "that doesn't solve the issue but thanks for the cleaning tip" would have sufficed

noeffectx 10-06-2007 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhendricks (Post 687863)
I've read many threads on here about the issue with the Curve and dust building up on the right side of the screen. I just have to say it was driving me nuts after a few months and I finally decided to do something about it.

The video that I used to open the Curve is here: YouTube - Blackberry Curve 8300 Screen Removal & Take Apart

You don't need to take the front lens off like some other people have done, it's much easier to just take it apart from behind and take the entire front off. There are a few tricky clips you have to be very careful about, but the entire process took me less than 10 minutes and my screen is finally clear!

I didn't have the "cell phone opening tool" they describe in the video, so I used a credit card to pry the edges up. I used a microfiber cloth and some canned air to get all the dust out.

What exactly did you solved?

Lowrider 10-07-2007 05:22 AM

Solved?? That's solve

Pinman 10-08-2007 01:41 AM

I am about to purchase a t-mobile 8320....I am paranoid about this dust issue everyone seams to be having....Is there no way to seal the plastic better?? No glue or foam seal to help with this issue?