View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 10:41 PM   #425
OrionXBeta
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

I had this same issue happen with me. All of a sudden I couldnt connect to my favorite IRC server, and Operamini kept timing out OperaMini would attempt to connect. It would then start to download at .1kb/sec until it got to 7-10kb, and then display the read timeout screen.

I recently added tethering to my ATT/CINGULAR plan so I figured a rep had modified my APN settings, or my computer settings to connect via BB were transferred to my phone. After playing with various APN addresses, usernames, and passwords. Only isp.cingular and wap.cingular worked which makes sense. But it was still freezing up.

Finally I called ATT and talked with a rep that had a hard time even saying the usual (Hi thank you for calling ATT blah blah) so I knew that wouldnt of been any help. I explained how all of my 3rd party apps arent working since I upgraded to tethering and that she should delete my plan and re-add it in order to reset my bb. She did so, I hung up and resent my service books to myself before a battery pull.

This did absolutely nothing and was a waste of time. I figure call again in hopes of an intelligent rep may come my way. I called and was lucky to talk with someone who knew what they were doing. She readded my package while my bb was turned off, resent my books. However this didnt work again either.

I came home from work and wiped my bb from the options>security>general settings>bb button> wipe handheld. I ofcourse backed up my bb before hand.

About 15 minutes later, I reinstalled operamini and it was cruising flawlessly everywhere! All of my 3rd party apps are working great again.

So just try and wipe with a backup!
Offline   Reply With Quote