View Single Post
Old 09-14-2008, 07:18 PM   #17
conker
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
PIN: 249E86E3
Carrier: AT&T

Yes, "If that were the case." I was just commenting that it could happen. I have no idea whether it is true or not, and being selfish - I hope it is true - even if it is a minor change. Afterall, everyone wants improved hardware, right? It's the same reason we all go apeshit over new OS releases

Certainly, with the Xbox360 debacle we have a recent example of massive hardware design failure. In fact, many claim the biggest debacle in the history of consumer electronic hardware. So it is not unprecedented for consumer hardware problems to be detected after release. Rare, yes, but not unheard of. It took a awhile and repeated flat out denials before M$ came clean. And... they took a $1.3billion dollar charge, it was not treated as a massive recall, like it should have been. They simply changed the warranty policy, and put it upon the consumer to turn in hardware once they bricked. Smart, and sneaky.... Certainly, if there is an issue in the Bold, it could be so minor that they are willing to just deal with consumers who discover the problem and ask for exchanges. This is certainly a better option than a massive recall.

Also, it is true, right, that no one has gotten to the bottom of the iPhone 3G issue? Hmmmmm, suspicious, I think so.... Look, I am torn, I want good product. I will be first in line come October, so of course I hope all the significant problems get sorted before release - whether it be in s/w or h/w.

Last edited by conker; 09-14-2008 at 07:23 PM.. Reason: spelling and points
Offline   Reply With Quote