View Single Post
Old 09-28-2008, 09:20 AM   #11
9thline
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers

You should be able to get a deal. When the Bold was released, I wasn't eligible for a hardware upgrade for a few more months because I only joined Rogers Wireless last December. Stupid thing was, they would give me an iPhone no problem but I didn't want that. The guy at the store would not budge one bit so I called the centre and they said the same thing. I complained about how I've had Rogers internet and TV for years and that I switched both landline and mobile services from Bell to Rogers (which in turn they are getting a small mortgage out of me per month!) Then she put me on hold and then found a "Call Centre Promotion" that I was eligible for so they said I could have a Bold for $400 but my contract would restart for another 3 years.

However, like ErnieH said, they didn't have any in stock so I had to keep calling back. Every time I called back they still had none in stock so I complained about having to be put on hold so many times, this one guy I spoke to offered to text message me when they get a shipment in.

So unfortunately I had to wait a whole month but that was right after they released it so you may have a much less of a wait time. However they cannot determine the shipment times so my advice is, try to be patient. Personally, I don't know what is so great about this Bold for the money and hassle I had to go through so consider if it's even worth it.

And as my recent rant (see " Rogers!@#$% " post in the Rant and Raves Forum if you have time) concluded, if you don't get what you want, call back as many times it takes until you get someone to cooperate. Seems to be the way to play the system. Good luck!
Offline   Reply With Quote