Old 10-11-2008, 08:18 AM   #1
Pete6
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Swisscom
Default CrackPic

Please Login to Remove!

CrackPIc 1.1 is released. It has very little functionality change fro v1.0 other than it now supports a device password for the duration of the current CrackPic session.

CrackPic (a free program) is probably the easiest way to obtain screeshots from your BlackBerry. CrackPic is a single function program and taking screenshots is all it does.

CrackPic uses javaloader.exe and then puts the resulatant image into MSPaint (just like JL_Cmder) - the user interface is just a bit friendlier than JL_Cmder.

When you run CrackPic, it prompts you for a password. The password is visible as you type it in and is stored unencrypted in the PCs memory so, it is not secure at all if you are paranoid. Most people will never have a problem with this but I felt that I should mention it.

IT IS RECCOMENDED TO UNISTALL CRACKPIC V1.0 BEFORE YOU INSTALL V1.1

If you have a password on your BlackBerry, type it into the input box and select OK to proceed.

If you do not have a password then still select OK to proceed and the password is set to no password and the program will open.

You may now take as many screenshots as you wish just as before.

Here is CrackPic v1.0 (109 downloads) a small free utility to take picture of your BlackBerry screen.

To use this program, download and install it and then run it. Press the big button and if your phone is connected and you have Desktop Manager (this is a must have) installed on your PC then you should see a screenshot apear shortly afterwards.

The image will apear in MS-Paint with the name bb.bmp. You should now save this in the format (.bmp, jpg, etc) and the name you want in the folder you wish.

If you run CrackPic a second time it will overwrite the previous copy of bb.bmp so make sure that you save the picture that you want in the right place.

I noticed that I had to run it twice before I got a good picture of my 8100 Pearl screen. I think that this is due to the relatively slow processor of this phone.

On my 8310 Curve it worked every time.
Attached Files
File Type: zip CrackPic.zip (563.6 KB, 93 views)
Offline   Reply With Quote