View Single Post
Old 10-22-2008, 11:51 AM   #11
Frank Castle
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9930
PIN: PM Me!
Carrier: VZW

Test54 - I totally agree and see you point. Mobility is seeing a huge growth that will just accelerate in the next 2-3 years as devices are more capable and prices drop.

I don't know if sheer number sold is the deciding factor in judging the "BEST" mobile device. There is so much parity in what a user be it consumer or corporate wants. Both RIM and Apple need to address both markets and RIM is better positioned to do that right now due to BES. Apple has a huge advantage due to it's connection to the Itunes Eco system and the success of AppStore. I think Apple will find it harder to gain the same position in the enterprise as RIM will trying to be "like Apple". Apple would be best to stop treating the Iphone like the Ipod and more like another Mac.

My challenge (and likely most large companys) is to find a middle ground that allows mobility due to it's proven benefits but also mindful of the personal usage that creeps over. RIM gives me controls via BES, while Apple is becoming a larger nightmare weekly.
Offline   Reply With Quote