Old 10-26-2008, 06:16 PM   #18
djm2
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifur75 View Post
Yes, I have, I guess I must be a little lost on configuring it.
I'm not the best person to advise you on this since I am on BES and sync wirelessly. Some of this might depend on the version of Desktop Manager that you are using. I am on Version 4.5.

Open DM, and click on Synchronize. This should bring up a screen with various options for the sync, including one where you can specifiy the organizer data. Here is where it gets a bit vague for me because I don't use this myself. Once you specify that you want to sync the organizer data, it should allow you to specify several different options for where that data is stored, and you want to select Outlook. You may need to select Outlook several times -- once each for contacts, calendar, tasks, and memos -- but I am not certain of that. You will probably also want to specify on the first time you do this that Outlook should over-write the BB (assuming the BB is blank), but make sure that you change this before you sync again.

Hopefully some others who use DM frequently for syncing will chime in here. You might post your version of Desktop Manager to help them guide you a bit better.
Offline   Reply With Quote