View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 11:20 PM   #16
TruckinwithBBs
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

I have updated to 4.1.6 and had nothing but problems.
1. Had to move SQL 2000 db to SQL 2005 to get upgrade to work
2. Since "upgrading" to SP6, can't search distribution groups
3. Any email address with () in any part of their name, only shows the contents in parenthesis on the Blackberries (doesn't matter if internal or external email address)
4. When doing activations since upgrading, pre-pop Sent Messages so up in the Inbox of the device as regular incoming messages rather than with a check mark
5. When an original email sent to a distribution group is forwarded as an attachment (default in GW), the list isn't truncated anymore
6. Tried to switch to SOAP mode (had to switch back to OAPI because of firewall issues), but in that time, over 100 users on 4.2.1 software were unable to delete email messages off the device after reading them and those messages show as filed. I am trying to confirm with RIM that this only affects that software and not everything other than 4.5 handheld code.

Number six may be more an issue with changing to SOAP, but overall, I have been very disappointed by SP6 put out by RIM. I am anxiously awaiting updates that will correct some, if not all, of these issues. Desperately wish I could roll back to 4.1.4 MR1.
Offline   Reply With Quote