Old 01-07-2009, 12:37 PM   #11
skyman84
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900
PIN: ask!
Carrier: O2 UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirky View Post
Indeed this is interesting. I had a few calls with Voda and even though I got through to their business people I often got the impression the folks did not know what they were talking about with regards to BES.
In all honesty, I've never really had much luck (or trouble for that matter) when calling the guys at vodafone, I've spoken to all kinds of dept's, I find that aslong as you tell them exactly what you want (BIS provisioning, or BES provisioning, have them apply the BB APN etc) then they're generally ok.

Quote:
I then went in to a business store and they told me I needed a different handset for use with BES and they did not sell them in the shop, only the BIS ones!?
I think someone's been telling you porkies! or at the very least a few half truths.
Any BB handset can be used on either/both BIS and BES, a blackberry's a blackberry's a blackberry. It's all down to how it's been provisioned.

Quote:
What I'm wondering is if I just get s BOLD with BIS and then try as you have done. If this works fine but if it does not, I'd want to just call Vodafone and have it provisioned for BES, anybody any ideas if this would work?
Almost exactly how I did it mate, however, I got my origional contract with vodafone on a standard mobile phone (P.O.S Samsung! *spits*), and managed to get my hands on a BlackBerry Pearl about half way through the contract, I just called up the standard helpdesk phone number, asked them to add the blackberry £5pm BlackBerry BIS package to my account and hey presto! It now hapily activates on my BES at home!