View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 09:52 PM   #3
bigbadnoy

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: sprint
Default My fix to that annoying 0x80040fb3 error

Hey Beej,

thank you so much for posting such thorough instructions. After following your instructions, however, my sync was still getting interrupted.

I had no problems syncing my device with outlook on my Dell XPS the past several months, but I just bought a new Sony VAIO and installed Desktop Manager, and all of a sudden I have been experiencing the very same interruptions with the error you stated above.

I removed the photos from both Outlook 2007 and my Curve 8330 address book, not much of a pain as I fortunately had a select few.

After much fiddling with the sync configuration on the BB software under Calendar Setup, I synced using "Transfer all scheduled items" so both Outlook and my device exchanged as much data as possible before getting interrupted.

I verified that my device/outlook had indeed recorded some past items, then I Immediately input a few important dates that did not record into each program (yes, a pain, but only a handful for me). Next, I changed the Calendar date range from "Transfer all scheduled items" to "Transfer only future items", checked the "Remove alarm for past items" under Alarm Settings, and clicked next. Clicked "Finish", and synced again...VOILA...no more conflicts for me!

Everything that I input in the device for today and beyond (as a test, items for today's date and random futures) showed up in Outlook...and of course, whatever I input in my calendar today input with a past date (as a test, an event I named "test from device" for yesterday) will not transfer. A small price to pay, but I'm okay with it. I really need it only for future appointments going forward, and I don't care to spend another few hours more toying with it, I've wasted enough time...if I really need to look back at all records, I will have to do so sifting through Outlook.

Hope that helps someone with a similar problem.
Offline   Reply With Quote