Old 02-04-2009, 04:13 PM   #31
StuartV
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9550
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
Most everyone, but yourself, seems to know that.
It may be true. BUT, every post that I have personally read that supports that could also be explained as the poster either wasn't on OS 4.5, or they were trying to use Google Maps. You yourself stated that Verizon unlocked it for OS 4.5. And, Google Maps does not have the device-specific code that it needs.

So, the posts that I have seen that concluded that the GPS is still locked don't actually provide data to support that statement.

And, to be clear, I am not saying I have data in hand that PROVES that the GPS is unlocked on other devices than the Storm. I am saying that, in my mind, running Trapster proves that the GPS is not locked on the Storm. And, with the (BBNews, for one, I believe) news reports that came out at the beginning of December that VZW had unlocked the GPS, combined with the fact that BBMaps started working on my Pearl after Dec 1, and the fact that it makes no sense (to me, anyway) that VZW would unlocked the Storm completely, but everything else only partially, PLUS the fact that I have not personally seen any PROOF that non-Storms are still locked (as opposed to needing an updated OS or updated application software), I am stating that it is MY BELIEF that they are all completely unlocked (and people who can't get them to work need either an OS update or updated application software).

Certainly, in the context of this thread (which you have declared to be Storm-specific), I stand by my statement that the GPS IS NOT LOCKED, and the Google Maps just needs to update the application to work correctly with the Storm GPS.
Verizon 9550
Offline   Reply With Quote