View Single Post
Old 11-20-2005, 05:50 PM   #43
Lio

Model: 7290
Default I wish someone could explain what's going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lio
I used a 7280 with ATT as the provider for over a year with great battery life (recharged on average every 3 days). Two months ago a switched to T-Mobile and a 7290 and battery life is awful (most times I have to recharge twice a day). Voice, SMS and email traffic has not changed. I have used two different new batteries (used on the 7280 before) so I can say that it is not a battery problem. I keep Bluetooth off since I don't use it. I know T-Mobile does not have as good a coverage as ATT/Cingular and there may be greater "search" time. Any suggestions? Do I need to preset something to be more efficient? like a different Message Service etc.? Thanks.
For the last week, the 7290 T-Mobile unit is giving me great battery life like I reported with the 7280 before, recharging every 3 days. What has changed? Nothing on my side. It must be how the provider (T-Mobile in this case) interfaces with the handheld units. I have not changed the operating system and traffic email/sms/voice has been the same as always. I wish someone couuld explain what's up. Thanks.