View Single Post
Old 02-19-2009, 03:14 PM   #62
lifeguard23

Model: Storm
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Telus

I bought the full shield from Zapp directly from their website back in December. I called Zapp about 2 weeks ago and explained to them about the dust issue and I was getting a new phone replacement. They sent me a brand new full shield kit FOR FREE (I had to pay $3.00 or so for shipping). THe rep said that was part of the "lifetime warranty" they offer. I didn't even have to send my old shield back (because it was my first replacement). The rep did tell me that if I ever needed to get ANOTHER replacement, I would have to send the old shield back in to them BEFORE they would send me another brand new one. Pretty fantastic customer support though.

Even though I got the new ZAPP shield the other day, I actually haven't got my replacement Storm yet (planning to this weekend). Best Buy told me they would replace it no problem (I bought the coverage insurance), but all they had was "Made in Canada" stock. Should I wait for the "Made in Mexico" ones? I remember reading something about those keeping out more dust than the Canadian ones.

Overall my dust buildup isn't terrible, but there is ONE spot that looks like 5 or 6 pieces of dust got together and clamped on to one another so it's one LARGE dust spot. Really annoying
Offline   Reply With Quote