samnyemba
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9300
PIN: 27c3f559
Carrier: vodacom

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD BB Newbie View Post
So does that mean that if you have OS 4.3 and higher you cannot get BB Maps to work? I loved having BB Maps before I upgraded the OS (using the outstanding work-around found on this website) -- but I don't want to downgrade the OS just to get it back. I've tried everything else suggested on this site to try to get BB Maps to work, but to no avail. There must be some way to foil AT&T and re-gain access to RIM's great BB Maps program, right?!
I have 4.5.0.124 and the Blackberry Maps Version LBS1.2 described in this thread. Here is how I managed to do it.
1. I upgraded and selected to remove the bb Maps version that come with the upgrade.
2. Then I loaded the bb Maps Version LBS1.2 using Desktop Manager.

Observations
A. Please note that every time I connect to the Desktop Manager it offers to upgrade my Maps. I just ignore it but its annoying.
B. I also checked out the current BB Maps version from a friend and I like it very much it has a more user friendly search, I however I cant afford it coz here the blackberry service (its a new service on my carrier Mozambique cellular) goes for around US$30.00/month equivalent.
Offline   Reply With Quote