Chevyguy
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Apple
PIN: Jailbroken
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by urboytex View Post
my thoughts,

i have had a blackberry for over a year (8800 and 8310) and own a mac. I am partial to both products and manufacturers. i used to work for verizon and was celling agaist the iphone, which was hard to do.

what i have come to realize is that people have different needs, and difreent devices meet deifferent needs.

both devices have many similarities. However, for business purposes, especially the ease of email and calendar, the BB is superior. i would rate the BB as 70% business, 30% play. Although, BB does have the app world now which will help with its edge on Apple.

The Iphone, in my opinion, has a superior touch screen to the Storm. And the one item that makes the iphone so much different is the web browsing. The iphone is the only phone thus far to have a desktop grade web browser. no matter what you view on the phone, it is as if i am surfing on the web at home. But, it sint the best for corporate uses as the battery life is not the longest and there is no word/excel/ppt. I would rate the iphone as 50/50. just as much of a business solution as a personal media device. thus making more ideal for the average consumer.

I think someone else stated the iphone wasnt geared for the corporate user, and i agree. It didnt even support an exchange server until a software update, obviously thay had to adapt.

Overall, i consider thesew devices to be equally great. if i could, i would own both and carry both.

BTW Yay for BB APPS!! i suggest i heart radio, and VLingo. both are awesome.
I agree....but two numbers will take care of most if not all your business needs when released ... 3.0 !!!!