Thread: Storm petition
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 03:36 PM   #20
JasonSamfield
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
PIN: 3053D7B3
Carrier: Verizon

what you said is exactly what i'm saying...military standard is the reason there is 128 MB only used for applications....instead of letting the full 1 GB of onboard memory or to store applications externally on the microSDHC card...to compare to the iPhone, the applications are stored throughout it's secondary storage capacity...

128 MB / 1 GB is 12.5% (very limiting when they could have upped the ante to the full 1 GB of onboard storage to give a little extra headroom for BlackBerry Storm users to have apps...yeah i know this app store thing is new to RIM and RIM has to keep its military contracts going, but i think they made a mistake not extending the application device memory zone to the full 1GB)

the Blackberry Storm has 1 GB of onboard memory, but only 128 MB is considered the application memory section of which is being reference as the "application device memory" in that post

and i don't appreciate you breaking your own rules by trying to make fun of me when i read it correctly and probably understand it better than you

as far as mr. penguin, explain to me what i read incorrectly because i'm pretty sure i understand it completely...if you really feel like i do not, please i would like to know what i'm missing...enlighten me
Offline   Reply With Quote