View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 07:57 PM   #35
rasmith3530
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330m
PIN: Ask
Carrier: US Cellular

Acer does not market its Aspire One, or any of its other devices as a "lifestyle," while Apple markets every one of its devices as such. That has been their market strategy going back at least since the introduction of the iPod. Every person that I know who owns an Apple product purchased it primarily based on its "cool factor," even though, as with the iPhone 3G, it may not do its primary job, that is, being a phone, even as well as a $20 TracFone!

The only reason for purchasing a sub-par product at a Rodeo Drive price that I can think of is what I term as "herd mentality."

I am sure that in your case, you have a justifiable reason for purchasing three products (your BB, your iTouch, and your Aspire One) to do the job of two, but many in this day and age, plain don't have the spare disposable cash to pitch on that third, redundant item.

We have become a society that for the most part associates itself with brands. Apple has capitalized on that to the max. At this point, they've out-Harley'd Harley-Davidson, and that's saying alot.

Hope I didn't ruffle your feathers too badly Jack.