Old 04-30-2009, 11:21 AM   #4
rasmith3530
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330m
PIN: Ask
Carrier: US Cellular

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeshi View Post
Yahoo should provide some reconciliation (not the same as sync), IIRC. Reconciliation isn't instant though. When you say that if you choose to delete on both the phone and the server and they don't always disappear from the account how long are you typically waiting to see the change in your account via the PC?
These are two separate issues of course.

I have never seen message disappear from my phone that I deleted off the server through the AT&T/Yahoo web interface, so it appears that ther is no reconcilliation there. With my Windows Mobile phone, I could delete a message via my PC, go to my phone, do a manual sync, and the message would be gone. With my Curve, if I delete a message via my PC, it will still be on my phone two days later. I never let it sit longer than that, but would think that if something were going to happen, it should by then.

On the other side, if I highlight a message on the phone, hit my Menu key, scroll down and select Delete, I get a box titled "Delete message?" with options, "On Mailbox & Hand...," "On Handheld," and "Cancel." After five minutes, if I check my email from my PC, the message is usually gone (over 95% of time), but not always. This may simply be an issue of network traffic and latency. I can accept that.

It is the first item that bugs me more, as I get well over 100 emails per day, and having to manually delete each of these from the phone is a pain in the tail! I would think that there'd be something I could do from the phone. If I have a message selected in my email account and click the Menu key, one of the items listed is "Reconcile Now," but it doesn't seem to do anything.