View Single Post
Old 05-01-2009, 02:36 AM   #2
Smacca
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Q10
PIN: N/A
Carrier: O2 Ireland

I have had continuing problems with exactly this issue, and nothing I do seems to be able to resolve it. I have switched the browser configuration (in advanced settings) to and from Hotspot Browser, tried switching on and off wi-fi, upgraded the OS several times, but nothing works. Every now and then -- and the killer is that I just cannot figure out why -- the thing connects properly, I get the green check mark instead of the line, and all my e-mails, IM messages, etc,flow into my device. Then, for no particular reason that I can discern, it stops, and I cannot even use the browser because although it says it is "Requesting...", it just doesn't work.

Most of the time this doesn't bother me, because I have an all-you-can-eat data service with my mobile provider, but when I'm roaming, and I don't want to run up the absolutely outrageous, thieving roaming data charges that the telecom regulators in every country permit my and almost every other mobile company to charge, I need that wi-fi connection to work. (In fact, it's one of the main reasons I bought the 8900.)
Offline   Reply With Quote