Old 05-08-2009, 07:41 AM   #190
Kopter
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon (BES)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero7404 View Post
i realize i'm beating a dead thread back to life here, but question:

how does this software behave on the storm when you exit out ? the icon is still showing temps, but the app is not running in the background. is the temp still accurate and being updated ? i don't see any channels set up when i look in my bookmarks, so i would assume not.

i'm not sure i want to keep the app running in the background for the purpose of conserving battery....

any thoughts/comments on this ?
I have had it on my device for about a month. I set the update interval for 30 mins. I do NOT have 'my location' (GPS) turned on... it's pointless. I really haven't noticed any real degradation in battery usage. For me a standard day of battery usage means pulling it off the (overnight) charger at 445a and not having to worry about charging it until 5-530p when my battery is down to about 10-15%. I send/receive about 50-75 emails a day, send/receive 10-20 texts and make/receive only a minimum amount (maybe 10?) of phone calls each day. I have running 'in the background':
Weatherbug(even after i exit out... the update interval runs), YouMail Visual, quicktext, talklock, ubertwitter... and the usual suspects that are always open in the background. (messages, bbm,phone,browser).
I had used BBweather but prefer the weather bug graphics.

As always... YMMV.

Last edited by Kopter; 05-08-2009 at 07:42 AM..
Offline   Reply With Quote