Old 05-19-2009, 02:06 PM   #50
dave1812dave
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Storm
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdutta2000 View Post
Almost the exact same scenario as you. The Storm was the first blackberry that didn't just work. Some days it was perfect, others it was a mess. Having to install a reboot app so that your phone works is retarded. Selling a media phone with a camera app that doesn't work is inexcusable. Relying on hacked OS installations to make the phone do what the box says it can do is fraud. Anyways...the past is the past... I'm back to the Pearl...just crossed 200k points on Brickbreaker and haven't had to reboot the phone once in over 3 months. Life is good again and I can count on my Blackberry to work. That's what I expect from a Blackberry.

As for the Storm 2...Been there, done that...I'll leave the touch-screen phone market to Apple. I'm waiting for the Tour.

My 3 biggest gripes with the Storm (running .75).

1. reboots, daily
2. can't access speakerphone mode if phone is answered in landscape mode (fixed in newer OS releases) AND can't leave speakerphone mode enabled between calls
3. navigation is awful--can't always tell which apps are still open because so many native apps always appear in the activity center, and closing apps like the media player takes too many keypresses.

1. Keyboard
2. screen's color and contrast--great for watching movies--better than Touch
3. call quality and reception(doesn't drop calls)
4. speaker phone loudness
5. ringtones and alert sounds
6. messaging
7.multitasking

Dislikes-minor

1. thickness/weight
2. battery life (inevitable with a touchscreen, I know)
3. vibrate not sufficiently strong

The dealbreaker was the OS's penchant for rebooting and memory leaks galore.
Offline   Reply With Quote